11: Imagine Me And You

Start from the beginning

"I took an extension, yes."

"Then why are they—"

Jennie's face drained of color as she looked at the caller ID, pulling her jacket on as she answered and walked with haste out the door.

"That was weird, right?" Lisa looked at all the girls.

"It's probably one of Jennie's cases. She doesn't take on too many in the position she's in now, but she still has an awful lot of kids who only trust her to sort shit. They get Jennie and Jennie gets them." Irene prodded at her food.

When the brunette re-entered she was visibly paler.

"Hey, can someone give me a ride?"

"Where to?" Chaeyoung questioned.

"I need to go to work for a bit."

"We can't drive you 5 hours all the way to—." Jisoo mocked.

"No, it's the office downtown."

"There's a fucking office downtown and you're living hundreds of miles away?" Seulgi scolded.

"It's new. Can someone just fucking drive me or do I need to get an Uber? "

"I'll drive." Lisa grabbed her keys and her coat.

***

"Thank you, for driving me and all."

Lisa pulled into the car park of the huge building with SAFEPLACE written in a rainbow scroll across the front.

"You can come in. It's too cold to stay in the car. There's a coffee place somewhere in here, apparently."

She followed in Jennie's trail to the front desk. "Jennie Kim, I called ahead—"

"Yes, Miss Kim. If you need anything we can have a support team assigned to you for future use. For now, you have our temp assistant, with the short notice it's all we can offer assistance wise right now."

"Thank you."

"No problem, you have an office room on the top floor, here's your key card."

"Thanks." Jennie was turning so she followed again, kind of like a lost puppy in the trail of the hurricane that was the girl.

"You, uh, you're kind of big here huh?"

"What?"

"You have an assistant."

"I get busy. Coffee is there, Thailand. I'll probably take five minutes, I just need to make a call then I'll come to find you, okay?"

"Okay." Lisa smiled, liking the way the brunette held her stare momentarily, lulling herself into the security it seemed to offer.

***

Lisa sat for at least thirty minutes before Jennie appeared looking angry as shit.

"Sorry, took a short while longer than I thought."

Jennie's hands were tensed in fists at her sides. "Thank you for your help." She handed the key card back to the assistant at the front desk. "Could I get a prepaid phone sent out to this address? It needs at least 60 minutes on it, also a change of clothes, I've written down sizes, and a hygiene pack."

"I'll get that sorted for you now, Miss Kim."

"Thank you."

Then Jennie was walking back to the car and slamming the door behind her, hands raking through her hair as her head lay in her palms.