11 ✘ with the enemy

✘ Most likely to beg for it ✘

Most likely to beg for it

Jamie, you were in your senior year. Most people classified you lucky when they saw what was posted of you. No photos like other girls, or messages you'd sent, but a page ripped out of your diary. You detailed everything you'd do in order to hook up with a boy because you'd never been kissed before. The humiliation sent you to homeschool. You were taunted with kiss faces whenever you'd walk down the hallway, you were made fun of because of your lips — they ruined your self confidence. You were labelled twenty third, but I want you to know that number doesn't define you. I'll get revenge, I promise.

I keep it real,

— Valé

[ in drafts ]

IT SEEMS LIKE everyone has already made a start on their assignments — it seems cruel to label these boys as assignments but what they did is crueler so I guess...an eye for an eye?

I mean I'm not trying to be worse than them, I'm just hoping to make a change. I shouldn't be comparing the boys to myself. I should be thinking about how I'm about to draw Caleb's attention to me and make it last. Gaining attention is pretty easy, but to be placed on a pedestal is what's hard.

I don't want him to notice me. I need him to see me, to want me, to want to get to know me. Easier said than done of course. It's hard to be the predator when your prey's always got a guard up, expecting for something to bite.

"Valè...Valè...Valè!" The repetition of my name draws me out of my trance. I look over my shoulder to see who I've unintentionally ignored.

Xemina's got on a sheer light green dress with a darker underslip dress. It's fitted perfectly and hugs her ballerina frame tightly. Her usually straight blonde hair is in beach waves and she's got a pretty flower crown that's resting on top of her head. The crown is made from artificial vines and flowers that are probably imported. Her green Jimmy Choo's wrap up her slender legs and perfectly match the shade of her dress. She looks gorgeous, but that's always been a given with her.

"How are you enjoying Pre—Hal?" She yells over the music that's thumping beneath our feet.

"Great. I love it." I nod, feeling a smile lift across my lips.

Xemina eyes me wearily. "You sure?" she asks, hints of unsureness in her tone. I don't have to think much about why she's so apprehensive though. I know she's hoping that this party doesn't turn out like Caleb's. That this party isn't hated on when we return to school on Monday. Knowing all the thoughts that could be trvalling through Xemina's mind I suddenly feel guilty for not putting more enthusiasm in my answer before.

"Why are you standing in this corner, doesn't a sexy pirate like you have to catch its prey?" She winks, nudging at my side with her elbow.

I don't have to look down at my outfit to confirm what she thinks. I've paired a long-sleeved white ruffled blouse, with a plain black corset and a burgundy red frill skirt that has gold enamels. I've tied the look together with some fishnet stockings, heavy liner and a bandana that Mom had to help me put on because it kept on slipping off.