Chapter 1

•I wrote this a long time ago, and I'm too lazy to go through and fix it, so sorry :/•

My name is Lola Santiago, my parents are dead, but after Stefan found me, they took me in.

Damon seeing me as a sister and Stefan seeing me as a close friend, I do have feelings for him and know about their past, well living in their home and being able to read Stefan's diary, yes i know, how embarrassing.

And, yes i know they're blood slurping vampires but, Stefan is usually good and sweet.

I am 17, and my bestfriend, Odetta Fenderson, who lives in Georgia with her sister.

_______________________________________

Monday, Before Classes

" Are you excited?" I asked Stefan and he shrugged, walking down the hallway and looking at everyone.

“ I've had my first day too many times.” He chuckled as I shrugged.

“ Well, it's important to me,” I said and rolled my eyes as he shrugged and nudged me lightly.

“ Lighten up, look I know,” I said, then mocking his voice. “ You have to live your life,”

He chuckled “ Blah, blah, blah, blah, look I'm living.” I said and threw my hands in the air as we met our lockers.

“ Great thing we have the same classes.” He said sarcastically as i smiled a bit, then he began handing me his books.

“ I gotta go to the bathroom.” He said as I groaned.

“ Go power your nose then!” I yelled after him, making my way to History.

I found a seat as a tan girl came in and sat 2 rows across from me, Stefan's seat behind me. I walked up and let a small smile shape my lips.

" Hi, I'm Lola. Lola Santiago." I introduced myself, well before we left Damon said to make friends and have fun. “ But its school.” was my excuse.

“ I'm Bonnie. Bonnie Bennett.” She smiled and shook my hand.

“ I'm sorry, but I was told to make friends and we're the first people in class, and I know that sounds weird since we're older but-” I rambled and stopped myself as Stefan came in and a brunette girl after him, who looked like his ex ,who everyone despises, Katherine.

As everyone piled in, Stefan sat behind me, our teacher walking in as well.

“ What happened?"” I whispered knowing he could hear me, then my phone vibrated

From: Stefan
She was in the bathroom, brunette, looks like Katherine, or have I gone mad?

“ What?” I whispered, glancing at her as she stared at Stefan, then tucking her hair behind her ear and smiled as Stefan looked at her.

" What the-?" I mumbled, jealousy coming over me, making my blood boil. Why am I jealous?

My phone vibrated as I slid it under my leg and ignored whoever it was. Trying to maintain my attention to the board was difficult, as usual.

My head began throbbing, a slight ding making it's way louder and louder as I closed my eyes tightly.

The bell snapped out my throbbing head and the dinging suddenly gone.

I gathered my books, slightly shooken up. Stefan's arm somehow made it's way across my shoulders.

“ Ready to go home?”

After School

I sat on the couch drinking Coca-Cola as Damon sat on the couch infront of me.

“ Talk to me,” He said, and then sat beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and giving a little squeeze. “ I see that look in your eye, Lo.”

“ She looks exactly like Katherine.” I said and looked at him, a glass of blood in his hand and he side frowned. He hated seeing me unhappy.

“ What if he falls for her like he did Katherine?” I asked and crossed my legs as Stefan came in and leaned on the couch.

“ Talking about me?" He asked as I got up with sighed, walking to my room and closing the door.

My balcony was my favorite part of my room, dangling my legs between the bars, sitting on the ground as the moon silently talked to me.

The night had a slight breeze, making the hairs on my legs stand up. I let out what seemed like the millionth sigh and went to bed.