84. A Moment You'll Never Forget

Start from the beginning

"Of course, Kreacher," I replied. "Let me know if you need anything." Opening my letter, I began to scan over the writing.

Dear Valerie,

Sorry, I couldn't ask you in person, but I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date this afternoon? I can pick you up at three at your house?

Love,
                     Fred

Smiling, I grabbed a spare piece of parchment and sent a reply. At three o'clock, there was a knock on the door. Once we had run through our security questions, I let him in. "You look amazing, Luv," Fred said, kissing my cheek. I blushed, tucking a strand of my purple hair behind my ear.

"You don't look too bad, yourself," I replied, smiling warmly.

"So, ready to go?" Fred asked.

"Yes," I replied, kissing his cheek. Grabbing my hand, he led me out the door. "So, where are we going?" I asked.

"Outside the protective spells so we can apparate," he replied. I rolled my eyes at him, giving him a playful glare. Noticing this, he said, "You'll see. Well, actually, I want this to be a surprise."

"What're you doing?" I laughed, as he got behind me, covering my eyes.

"Just trust me," he replied before apparating. Once we'd hit solid ground, he led me along rather hilly ground before he reached where we were headed. "Okay, you can look now." He removed his hand and I gasped.

"Fred," I whispered in shock, staring in awe at the scene before me. He had taken me to Hogwarts on the Quidditch pitch. He had set up a table with two places set and a few candles. Turning to look at him, I stuttered, "H-How?"

"I just had a word with Dumbledore," he explained with a shrug.

"This is so much," I said, looking back around at it all with a hand over my mouth, covering my wide smile. "I love it."

With an overdramatic bow, Fred pulled out a chair for me and said, "M'lady." I chuckled, sitting down. He sat across from me, taking off the covers of our food.

"Fred, thank you, for all of this," I said. "I can't believe it."

Growing nervous, Fred fiddled with something in his pocket and said, "Val, do you remember all the memories we shared here?"

"Of course," I replied, smiling fondly. Turning to point to each place in turn, I said, "That's where we realized we both loved pranks during Quidditch practice. That's where we mocked Oliver before he was captain. That's where we had our first kiss."

"And this is...hopefully, where I ask you something and you say yes," Fred said. I turned back around from looking at the spot to see Fred on one knee holding out an open ring box. My mouth fell open. "Valerie Black, will you marry me?"

"Fred," I whispered, still shocked. "Yes." He smiled, standing up and pressing his lips against mine. Pulling away, I took the ring from him and slipped it onto my left ring finger. "It's beautiful." The diamond glittered on my hand as I covered my mouth, hiding my wide smile. Tears of joy slightly blurred my vision as I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"I love you, Valerie."

"I love you so much, Fred," I replied, holding him tightly.

"So, funny story," Fred said, grabbing onto my hands. "There's an entire group of people waiting for us at the Burrow. My mistake really. I told Mum about all this."

"It's okay, Fred," I chuckled. "Should we head over then?"

"Sure," he replied. "I should probably clean this up first." With a flick of his wand, the table, candles, and food disappeared.

"Thank you for everything, Fred," I said.

"Anything for you," he replied. We had reached the edge and we apparated to the Burrow. Once we came to the back garden, I saw everyone had gathered. George, Lee, Angelina, Katie, and Alicia were talking together on one side next to Bill, Fleur, Molly, Arthur, and Remus. Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny were next to them.

"She said yes!" Fred called. The group exploded in cheers and Angelina rushed over to me. I smiled, receiving her hug with a happy laugh. Next came George, Alicia, and Katie. Once I got past them, Remus gave me a hug. Once I'd gotten through the adults, Ginny approached me.

"Welcome to the family," Ginny said, giving me a hug.

"Thank you," I replied, hugging her back. "I can't believe we'll get to be sisters."

"I get two new sisters now," Ron said, coming over next. "Well, if I have to have another one, at least it's you."

"Thanks, I think," I chuckled. Looking around at the mixture of friends, family, and soon-to-be family, I felt happiness bubble in my chest.