Six

"Mavra," Predaking repeated, testing the femme's name out on his metal tongue, "I like that name."

Mavra's audio fins twitched at the sound of her name. She felt proud that this Alpha, a king, liked her name. The sound of his voice when he said it made her feel strange emotions. Warm? Bubbly, even? Odd. She ignored the feelings for now.

"Walk with me, Mavra. I will show you around the ship." Predaking nodded his head towards the door.

Mavra shakily stood on her legs. She hated having a tail injury; it kept her from maintaining proper balance. Every predacon knew that improper balance meant difficulty during hunts and most likely a terrible fate of starvation. Her lack of balance even made her look weak and stupid, as though she was an immature, scared cub. Mavra didn't want to appear weak in front of an Alpha. Maker knows what he could do to her if he saw her as an easy target.

"This is the science laboratory. Over there is the best scientist in the Decepticon army, Shockwave." Predaking stated.

"Decepticon army, my king?" Mavra questioned. She had no clue what a scientist was either.

"I'll have to fill you in on all the events that took place while you were still in ice. Much has gone on since you were trapped." Predaking explained as he walked through the door.

"Frozen? Oh... the fight. Some of it is coming back to me." Mavra thought out loud.

Predaking continued with the tour, showing the femme all of the different rooms and places. They walked into Knockout's infirmary and the doctor was buffing himself as usual. The red mech turn to see them and smiled when he saw Mavra slightly behind Predaking.

"I see the femme is up and about!" He declared as he walked over, "Pretty thing you have there, your majesty."

Predaking could understand everyone just fine, however, Mavra could not. She sensed the shiny, two-legged mech as a threat. Her audio fins lowered down to be pinned to her neck and she hated her denta and growled.

The doctor noticed her caution and backed up a few steps. He didn't want to get bitten. This was a wild predacon after all.

"This is the medical ward. Knockout here is the chief physician of the Decepticons." Predaking told Mavra, who had stopped growling ever since Knockout had backed up.

"Physician?" Mavra asked.

"I see that there is much you don't understand." The king sighed, "A physician or doctor is someone who knows how to heal and fix injuries."

"Oh..." Mavra nodded.

"Come, we will go see Lord Megatron now." Predaking nudged her towards the door with his head.

"Who?" The femme was beginning to feel overwhelmed with all of this new information.

Where was she? Who were all of these beings? Why did all of them have only two legs and no tails? Where were the other predacons? What was even going on?

"Lord Megatron is like the Alpha of the Decepticons." The king explained as they walked through the corridors to the bridge.

"But I thought you were the Alpha?" Mavra tilted her head in confusion.

"I am the Alpha of all predacons, the king. However, Lord Megatron commands the bipedal beings on this ship. All of the ones with that symbol on them," he nodded to the Decepticon symbol on a vehicon's shoulder, "are Decepticons. They are our allies. Any with a different-looking symbol are our sworn enemies, the Autobots. We are at war with them."

"War? What war?" Mavra felt dizzy. She wasn't used to thinking so much.

"Are you alright? You look ill." Predaking asked, pausing in his stride.

"I'm just not used to thinking about so much at once, my king. Please excuse me, but I don't understand a lot of these things." Mavra lowered her head, ashamed by this weakness of hers.

Predacons were not supposed to let their weaknesses be shown to others. It was a stupid move that could easily make you an easy target for predators.

"You will learn in time, Mavra." Predaking reassured her, "I will fill you in on the rest of what has occurred later. For now, you will meet the leader of the Decepticons."