The Importance of...

After the meeting within the throne room with the Commandments, they decided the best course of action would be during the late hours of night once more. So right now, they lingered about within the castle grounds for their time of invasion to come, as Sonia sat upon the throne as she thinks about the next move after the invasion of Renais and Grado.

But most importantly, what she would do after the purge of Magvel is a success.

 "No doubt the tension between the Allied Clans and the Demon Clan are unmistakably high. With them to think with the revival of the demons, they would take it as a sign that the war will resume once more." Sonia said to herself, leaning forward with her clasped hands against her upper lips and the elbows resting on her thighs.

The relationships the Demon Clan has with the other clans are poor, given the fact the reputation the demons have and what they've done in the past when the Demon King reigned. Though to be honest when Sonia searched through his memories, she was albeit surprised the demons weren't the reason how the war sparked and broken the treaty. It was actually the Goddess Clan that broke it and started the war.

 She applauds the demons for putting up with their arch-nemesis for this long, while she was disappointed that the Goddess Clan would stoop this low. Whether the more abrasive ones couldn't handle coexisting with the demons any longer or the Supreme Deity announced to call upon the war, she knew the revival would provoke them to attack once more. It made her wonder if the Supreme Deity would know about the Demon King having a Chosen One right now.

 What would she think of her right now? A human offered to be the Demon King's Chosen One and ascended the demon throne as the new ruler of the Demon Clan, who wanted vengeance for the betrayal she suffered? To pay retribution on the people who repaid her with death over the crimes she never committed and was framed for?

 Would she understand it?

 She highly doubts it, and would only mark it as her sins. But would she bother to give second thoughts of her before thinking about resuming the Great War? Very, very slim chances that seemed impossible. But Sonia liked to gamble the chances, even if it would seem unlikely that any favors would turn for her.

 "One step at a time..." Sonia muttered, leaning back against the throne with her knuckles against her left cheek with a pondering look. "I have to see if there's a chance for coexisting once more..."

 In all honesty, Sonia doesn't seek for another War to come. The only reason the Demon Clan and the Goddess Clan fought was to prove which of them will merge out as the strongest race. And of course, the war waged on for years until the demons are sealed away. That would give victory to the Goddess Clan, but not completely since the demons are not eradicated from the living. They forged a treaty, but it seemed several members from the Goddess Clan didn't like the idea of living with the demons and broke it for more bloodshed.

 Sonia knew the next thing she wants after purging, was to live her life in peace. Even though, thanks to the abilities the Demon King granted her and for making her the new ruler in his stead, she'll live forever. She would have to watch the world change as time goes on, while she watches from the shadows while ruling the Clan. All... by herself.

 She lets out a sigh, "Oh joy..."

 At this moment, Chandler and Cusack came into the throne room from the side. "Whatever is the matter, Your Majesty? You were in high spirits not long ago for the incoming demise of Renais and Grado." Chandler said as he and the other demon beside him neared close to the throne their Queen sat upon.

 Sonia glanced at them, and then straightened her posture with her arms resting on the armrest of the throne. Quickly getting rid of the subtle melancholy look on her face with a look of authority and of no emotions.