The Demon King

Sonia found herself laying within a void of darkness, even though the area beneath her seems to be illuminated by the white light. The chilled air made her realize she is bare naked, with a white cloth covering her like a blanket as her raven locks was down because of gravity. But oddly, she is defying gravity because she seemed to be levitating in midair.

 She became confused at first, wondering how did she find herself in a place like this. But then at that moment, she instantly recalled the moment of her death and that made her scowl deeply. She could never forget the haughty look Ayame gave her, claiming victory and finally happy to get rid of her. Koga watching her without a care, losing all respect he had for her because of a lie the bitch told him.

 And foolishly and naively believed, over a woman he knew better and raised alongside with. Sonia doesn't understand a single thing. Why did he believe Ayame over her? Did Ayame used forged evidence that convinced him that she did it instead? No, it was because of her act.

 Even though she is annoying, Ayame acted like a sickeningly sweet girl who couldn't harm a fly. She pretended to be delicate and innocent around Koga, and that thought of it made Sonia growl angrily.

That bitch... I'm gonna make her pay!

The screams of the dead made Sonia glance down to where she is. Though she seemed to be unable to move her body, only craning her neck for a better view, she could see the hallowing figures of numerous lifeforms that is either human or not. They all wailed loudly, their eye-sockets black and seemingly trying to reach out for her with their boney hands.

 Trying to drag her down with them, and she realized no doubt they must be the souls lost within purgatory. Between heaven and hell, purgatory is a place where no other beings wanted to go to upon death. Many souls become trapped there for cleansing, with no way to move on.

 Sonia laughed dryly to herself, "Purgatory... am I heading there for the crimes I did not commit?"

 She instantly went silent when a deep, booming voice echoed within the plane of existence.

 "No, for I have other plans for you."

 Then her senses screamed when a powerful yet malicious power overwhelms her, to the point Sonia felt like someone splashed cold water over her body. She glances over to her left, and soon found herself staring at a being she did not think she would encounter. Nor face within her entire life.

 A towering man, wearing dark armor with a helm that had horns. He had darkness draped around his shoulders from the back like a cape, with his glowing white eyes staring down at her with such intensity. He even had a long, white beard.

 Sonia knew who this is, "Demon King...!"

 "Indeed. I am the Demon King of the Demon Clan." The Demon King responded, his voice booming across like thunder.

The Demon King is a powerful demonic being among the Demon Clan. He domains the land of Hell, and leads the demons under his command. Many say he is nothing but bad news, for he shows no mercy to any kind that opposes him. His power as a deity is great, though on par with the Supreme Deity of the Goddess Clan, facing him without preparation is a death wish.

Though Sonia could never imagine facing the being face-to-face, she was left guarded as she wondered why did he come to her in the afterlife.

 "Why are you here? Have I done something to offend you, Demon King?" Sonia began to question him, as she narrowed her eyes.

"No, you have not, Sonia Hrist Yega." The Demon King responded, making Sonia's eyes go wide upon hearing her full-name slip out from him. How did he know her name? "For how I knew your name, I have watched you for some time. You are indeed talented with magic, such a shame you were framed."