Chapter Six ~ A Binding of Blood

Of all the breathtaking things Dahlia had seen in her life, the Throne of Asgard was among the most elite. She had seen Ravager funerals, Sovereign fleets, and creatures larger than Asgard itself thunder across the surfaces of planets. Dahlia slowed to crane her neck upwards to behold the many murals and great tapestries that adorned the great hall, only to be poked in the back by Loki. In truth he'd actually jammed two fingers into the base of her spine. She shook away the tingling in her fingers and picked up her pace.

Odin, King of Asgard and the fabled All-Father himself sat proudly upon the textured throne, exuding a type of power that could make the proudest of ravagers bow in respect. And bow she did. Dahlia swooped down onto one knee in one swift movement and dipped her head as low as she could. This was a predator, and she'd only live through submission.

"Rise," Odin rumbled and Dahlia stood from her crouch, eyes lowered to the floor. "What is your name?" Dahlia hesitated, flicking her eyes up for a brief moment to meet icy blue ones. He stared in expectancy for a few more moments before leaning forward an inch. "Well?"

She coughed awkwardly, clasping her hands behind her back and bowing at the waist.

"Dahlia."

"And your father's name?"

Dahlia's cheeks flushed red and she stumbled to correct herself. "Apologies, my king. My name is Dahlia Dirinson, daughter to Dirin Ryeson. I come from the East Village." Odin nodded with bored eyes and impatient fingers tapping his throne. Distracted by his passive habit Dahlia failed to hear his next question, earning another jab in the spine from Loki.

"Please pay attention, Dahlia," the king scolded her as if she were a distracted child. "You have been brought before the throne of Asgard at the request of my youngest son, Prince Loki. He tells me you wish to be his personal guard." Odin scrutinized her pointedly, nearly burning a hole through her with his eyes. "This is a very important and committed duty. You are aware of this, yes?"

Dahlia was quiet for a moment, tempted to blurt out the truth to this god like man and take whatever punishment came next. The idea was silenced by a sudden blinding pain in her head and two fingers now resting gently at the small of her back; he wouldn't let her confess.

"Yes, your majesty."

"Loki recommended you personally after nearly a thousand years of denying other honorable warriors who volunteered for this duty." Odin paused for a moment, a train of thought racing behind his eyes. "I am aware of who you are, girl. Your actions have been reported back to me since the day you first left Asgard. When an Asgardian creates trouble like you have so constantly I have no choice but to sit up and keep note. Why my son has chosen you, I do not know. But I assure you that this duty is not a light one. You will be bound to him, life or death, until your contract ends or you are dismissed."

Dahlia nodded meekly in response, clearing her throat before she spoke. "Yes, your majesty." Odin only grunted, waving a hand at an attendant beside him who stepped forward with a tray.

"I take it you are aware of this requirement?" Dahlia eyed the contract that seemed to shimmer on the tray, nodding slowly. "Good. Step forward." She did as she was told, Loki's fingers on her back falling away when she moved. Another attendant stepped up, holding a hand out for her own. She obliged, watching emotionless while they cut her index finger and dripped the blood over the paper.

"Read."

"I, Dahlia Dirinson, daughter of Dirin Ryeson, do acknowledge my duty," she recited, watching the blood begin to glow gold and seep into the paper. "And accept the honor of the knighthood I have been rightfully given. I vow my life, my breath, my soul, to the protection and prosperous life of my charge...." She paused, eyes locked on the now golden ink etching itself onto the paper in her name She sighed, biting her cheek harshly before continuing. "Loki Laufeyson."

    "See? That wasn't so hard, was it?" Loki could only get out the last word before Dahlia whipped around and hooked him in the jaw with her fist

"See? That wasn't so hard, was it?" Loki could only get out the last word before Dahlia whipped around and hooked him in the jaw with her fist. The large man only took a single step backwards but rubbed his cheek gingerly. He chuckled, giving Dahlia that stupid and enraging smirk. "One hell of a right hook, I must say."

"You fucking bastard," she spat, taking a step closer with each word. "You entitled, arrogant, brainless, spineless bastard." She could only raise her hand half way to slap him before he snatched her wrist. Instead she spit downward, hitting his very well shined shoe. "I should gut you like the slimy two faced sea-cunt you are."

This time Loki did not smile, using her captive wrist as leverage to shove her backwards into a wall. She grunted at the impact, boxed in by his arms before she could move. Dahlia winced as Loki gripped her throat hard enough to make her gag and snatched her hair with his other hand. He forced her head up, slamming her skull into the wall. Loki's face swam with stars and he got within an inch of her own before growling close enough she could almost feel his lips.

"Listen to me, little girl." She watched his eyes swirl with green and black. "You will respect me. Not even mentioning that that was disgusting, you will act as you are told and will abide by your contract. It is written in your blood, fortified by your words, and upheld by the all-father himself." He released her throat and she sucked in a ragged breath before turning her head as far as she could to cough. Loki wrenched her head back into place making her wince.

"I own you. And I'll tell you something, if I have anything to say about it, and I do, you will never leave Asgard for as long as you live." He scoffed, releasing her hair and letting her fall to the side. "Keep acting like a childish little brat and I'll be sure to make your imprisonment short." He stared at her a moment longer before turning away. "Come I'll show you where you'll be sleeping."

"I have family here..." Dahlia knew immediately that opening her mouth was a mistake. Loki surely knew she had family on Asgard, to what degree he didn't know until now. He turned and smirked at her.

"Well then. I suppose you have even more reason to behave yourself, don't you?"

A/N: Hey guys! Here's chapter six so soon after chapter five cause I feel bad that five was so short

A/N: Hey guys! Here's chapter six so soon after chapter five cause I feel bad that five was so short. I promise Loki softens up.

On another note, yes! The name of the book as well as the cover have been changed! After about three to four hours of design and editing I came up with that lovely cover. I'm proud of it so lemme know what y'all think and don't forget to leave a vote!