As soon as she found them, three ran outside just as Lydia and Allison pulled up. The two girls walked out of the car with their sleeves pulled up, confusing Stephanie. "I need to show you guys something." Allison whispered.

...

"I don't see anything." Derek shrugged as he looked at Allison and Lydia's arms for their bruises. "Look again." Scott muttered and Derek sighed, looking back to the arms. "How is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?"

"It's the same on both sides. Exactly the same." Will said, making Derek look up at him and shrug. "It's nothing."

"Pareidolia." Lydia announced, making everyone turn to her. "Seeing patterns that aren't there. It's a subset of apophenia."

"They're trying to help." Stephanie sighed. Derek whipped his head to her, raising his brows as he pointed to Lydia and Allison. "These two."

"This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank you." Derek said pointing to Lydia before pointing to Allison. "And this one... Who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack."

Will sighed, running a hand down his face. "Okay, all right, now, come on. No one died, right?" Stiles nodded, looking to Derek. "Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what Will and I call an important distinction." The two humans high-fived as Allison squinted at Derek. "My mother died."

Stiles and Will suck in a breath of air, turning to Stephanie who was already starting to speak. "Okay, well so did three other people's moms in this room." Allison turned to Stephanie with a slightly dropped jaw. "I thought you were on my side."

Stephanie straightened up, nodding her head at Allison. "Oh! I am. It's just that the dead mom card isn't that special when over half of the people in this room have dead moms."

"Yeah, that's why I can't make that excuse when Stephanie's around and she can't use it when I'm around." Stiles said, making Stephanie nod, pointing to him.

"Exactly. Which means you can't either. Neither can mister frowny face over here but he has never used it so he's in the clear. And this Alpha pack that took Erica and Boyd, killed my mom." Stephanie said and Allison raised her brows, turning to Derek. "Derek killed my mom."

Derek rolled his eyes and looked at Allison. "Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me." Allison clenched her jaw, taking a step closer to the man. "That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you."

"You wanna help? Find something real." Derek said before walking out of the room.

When the bell rang, Stephanie sighed, throwing her backpack over her shoulder as she walked out of the classroom with Stiles, Will and Scott.

"Okay, what would a pack of alphas want with Erica and Boyd?" Stiles asked as Will furrowed his brows, turning to face Stiles. "I'm not sure it's them they want."

Stephanie grew confused with Stiles and Will as Scott stopped watching but no one noticed. "Okay, what, like Derek? Like they're recruiting?" Stephanie asked.

Stiles went to open his mouth and answer the question before he finally realized Scott had stopped walking, watching two identical figures walk away. "Hey, Scott." Stiles called out, shaking the werewolf out of his daydream. "You coming?" Will asked and Scott slowly nodded, walking with the three to econ.

...

"The stock market is based on two principles. What are they?" Coach asked and Will and Scott quickly raised their hands. Coach turned to Scott and scoffed. "Yes, McCall, you can go to the bathroom."