Chapter 3 - Catfight (Part 2)

So everyone gathered around the gym, waiting for Monokuma to give out another motive that could possibly cause another murder.

Mandy sighed. "I wonder what Monokuma could want from us now?" She asked.

"By the way Kuki, I never got to ask." June asked Kuki. "How did you get back to normal?"

"Well—" Kuki was about to say something but was cut off by Donnie.

"A simple sneeze or a faint reverts back to normal." Donnie said. "Though if she faints or sneezes again, she turns into her alter ego."

"Really? That's a little weird." Bloo said.

"Hey!" Kuki said as she was offended.

"Why hello kiddos! Seems like everyone's here!" Monokuma said from the speakers as he then appeared out of nowhere and landed on the podium.

"What sadistic scheme have you cooked up this time?" Velma asked.

Monokuma laughed. "That's the million dollar question." He said as thousands of dollar bills came falling from the ceiling and landing on the stage, all bundled up with little rubber bands, they kept falling until it eventually turned into a mountain full of cash. "Actually a billion to be exact! Yup! This mountain of moola will be yours if you graduate! Pretty neat huh? Huh?"

Silence fell across the room, no one said a single word, all that the pupils did was stare at the absurdly large pile of money in front of them. This was a bad sign for most people.

"Th-that's a lot of cash..." Ruby said as she looked at the mountain of money.

"Is life so cheap to you, that you'd label it with a price tag?" Raven asked as she looked at Monokuma with an angry glare.

"I know what you're trying to do!" Leo said as he looked at Monokuma and realized that this was another one of his sick motives. "We're not gonna massacre each other for money! Period!"

Monokuma just laughed. "Oh sure, whatever you say four eyes." He said. "But I'm sure one of you is likely gonna snap due to some secret greed that's inside you, later bastards!"

And just like that he left, people were left speechless, deep down, this was a very powerful motive to those who are either poor or in need of money.

"Money, money, money, money money..." Bloo said as he drooled at the sight of money.

"Hey! Don't fall for it!" Kuki said angrily. "He's obviously giving us another motive, do you really want to end like the others!?"

Bloo just whistled so he would get his mind off the money. "Quiet all of you!" Raven said. "If we just give in because of money, our situation will just worsen."

"Yeah, no kidding!" Beast Boy said.

"Seems like making us go through our worst fears wasn't enough." Mandy said. "The mastermind will do whatever it takes to make sure that we don't trust each other."

People such as Ruby and June gulped, they felt uneasy when Mandy said that, sure Monokuma did make everyone go through their worst fears but they never imagined that he would come up with something as money.

After everyone left the gym, Leo stayed inside his dorm with a notebook and pencil that he got from the Art room, he listed some possible suspects onto who would give into murder because of money.

"Let's see, who would give in because of money?" He said as he wrote down June's name. "June, she and I have been friends for years, doubt she would kill after she got injured by Alex."

He then wrote Mac's name. "Definitely not Mac, he's a really good friend, he may have a bit of temper, but he still seems like a reasonable person."