"Arigatou, Nanami." Itachi is genuinely thankful that it shocked the girl.

"For what?" She sends him a nonplus expression.

The smile never left his face. "You're the only one who sees my real self."

✧: *.☽ .* ✧

A silent yet eerie place.

Misa is cautiously walking into the hallways of the hideout. She has been alone all morning because Sasuke went to his private training room and didn't see him once. She went to look for him but stumbles upon a bright blue room that resembles the ocean. Misa peeks inside and spots multiple water tanks. She checks the hallway to make sure no one sees her. It seems like it's clear. The Akiyama enters the room; there wasn't anything unsettling in her perspective.

"What is this place?" Misa whispers a question while looking around. They're just plain water tanks that Orochimaru might've used for experiments.

"Eh~ I wasn't expecting a visitor."

A voice has spoken. It was a male voice that was a little playful-sounding. Misa becomes alarmed, and she quickly pulls out her kunai knife, "Who's there?!" She asked out loud but also sensing a signature chakra point. "Right behind you." The voice again directs her. She whirls herself to look at the tank that talked. "Are you inside the tank?" Misa puts the weapon back in her tool kit. The girl tilts her head like a confused puppy. "I am, but this isn't my actual form." They answered. So it wasn't in her imagination that she hears a voice through a water tank. It was a legit person.

"I have never seen you before. Did Orochimaru-sama found a new alliance?" They were unfamiliar with Misa. She shook her head, "I am not one of his people, but I do know his student, Uchiha Sasuke." Misa tells them in particular. "Oh, okay. I speculate that you are Konoha shinobi." They detect the headband on her neck. She nodded as a nonverbal reply. Letting out a chuckle, the boy in the tank continues with the conversation. "My name is Hozuki Suigetsu. Nice to meet you, pretty girl." He politely introduced himself. His compliment flustered the ebony-haired girl. "P-Please to meet you, Suigetsu. My name is Misa." She shyly looks at her feet.

"You are so adorable!" The boy said, laughing wholeheartedly. Misa's cheeks turned pink. "No need to be nervous. We can be friends, right?" He asked her. The mood is more optimistic that made Misa smile. "Sure! I haven't talked to anyone besides Sasuke-kun." She admitted that most of the time, she is with her lover. "Wow, he sounds like a clingy person to me." Suigetsu commented about Sasuke. Misa giggles, "No, not exactly. He's protective, that's all." The beauty shrugs her shoulders.

Suigetsu can speculate the sincerity from Misa when she corrected him about Sasuke. He hums, "Hmm, so you two have a deep connection of some sort?" The boy wonders about their relationship. For some reason, Misa could hear him smirking when he said that. "I mean, we are in love." Her blushing cheeks are now crimson. She feels bashful than ever. Suigestsu snickers, "It's completely normal, Misa-chan. I'll probably meet Sasuke on my own time. I can even find out the type of shinobi he is." His whimsical choice of words expressed his personality. Suigetsu may look like water, but he'll be entirely different in a human form. Misa is looking forward to seeing how they will interact.

She also asked him what's it like living in the tank. He didn't take her question as an offense because it's already two years of being stuck in Orochimaru's lair.

"It does get lonely, but I'm always thinking about an opportunity to renew the Seven Ninja Swordmen and be the leader. My plan needs to be resume until someone sets me free." Suigetsu is hoping for that moment to happen. Misa comprehends what he meant. "Don't stop dreaming because it might come true." She tells him. He let out a chuckle of delight, "You are a poetic speaker, Misa-chan." Suigetsu enjoys giving her compliments. "I can't wait to have you see my true appearance." He said. "Me too." The Akiyama girl smiles mirthfully. Afterward, she says goodbye to Suigetsu and leaves the room.