The Truth Shall Set You Free

A/N: Hello everyone, I'm glad you're all enjoying this story. I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that one of my other stories, Beyond A Reasonable Doubt is up for a Mystery/Suspense On The Rise Watty Award and it would be awsome if I could get yor votes. Thanks so much and hope you enjoy this chapter. 

----------------------------------------------------

"It has been confirmed that the X virus has killed Trinity Flares. There are no other details at this time. We ask everyone not to panic as the center for disease control are sure they have contained this virus and there will not be an outbreak." The newscaster tells us. My family and I are all sitting around the T.V as I'm sure every other family is doing at this moment. We've been following this story since the day it broke. Some mysterious virus that causes fever and shortly afterwards the death of the host.

"What does this mean for us dad?" I turn to my father and asks.

"You heard the woman. There is no chance for an outbreak, the virus was contained. So it means nothing for us. We should go on about our lives." He tells my brother, mother and I.

"Does that mean we still have to go to school tomorrow?" Glen groans.

"Of course." My dad chuckles at my brother and gets up from the couch, turning off the T.V.

"I'm going to get dinner started." My mother says following behind my father.

"You think those government bastards are covering something up?" I ask my brother as he grabs the remote off the table and turns the T.V back on to basketball.

"I don't know." He shrugs. "Why would they lie to us?" He turns and asks.

"Why wouldn't they?" I counter and he smiles.

"Anyone ever told you that your brain has trust issues?" He asks with a smile and I giggle.

"Shut up." I punch him in the arm and stand up. "I'm gonna go call Lindsey and see what she thinks." I tell him as I step over his legs.

"There's nothing to worry about, baby sis. The government says they have it under control then they have it under control." He yells after my retreating figure.

Well I've never been one to trust the government.

"Spencer, Spencer wake up." I hear Ashley's voice call out to me. I open my eyes slowly and look up to her. I see her and Glen kneeling over me.

"What happened?" I question as I try to sit up but a searing pain in my stomach throws me back to the ground. I grimace.

"Don't move Spence, you tore your stitches again." Glen tells me.

"I need to get up." I say, trying to sit up again.

"No." Ashley gently pushes me back down. Aiden went to get Carmen." She adds and glances in the direction of the door.

"Aiden." I breathe out. Remembering the events that occurred right before I passed out. "You fixed him, your blood-"

"Shhh." Ashley says putting a finger to my lip, getting a look from Glen. "Glen maybe you should go see what's taking Aiden so long." She turns to Glen and says. He glances down at me asking me with his eyes if that's okay. I nod and he gets up and walks off.

"Ashley what's going on?" I question her as I try to sit up again. The pain is still there but not as noticeable as before. Ashley helps me scoot against the wall.