Accidental Wedding

Rachel was preparing for the party when Finn walked downstairs, holding Jason. "I'm just about to go drop him at my mom's; I thought you'd want to say bye."

"Of course!" Rachel got to her feet and reached for her and Finn's 10-month-old. "Mommy loves you, baby," she cooed, tracing Jason's face with her fingernail as she always did, which Jason loved. 

Jason giggled, and Rachel kissed the top of his head. "You be good for your Mimi," she said. "Thanks for taking him, Finn."

"Of course, babe," Finn replied, kissing Rachel on the lips as he took Jason back. "I'll be back to help with the party."

Rachel smiled. "Got it."

***

15 minutes later, Finn was back and was helping to put glasses of water out. They had decided they didn't want to drink at the party because they had to be responsible since becoming parents. However... that all flew out the window the minute Puck arrived at the party.

Quinn and Puck were the second couple to arrive, the first being Kurt and Blaine. No one knew yet if Blaine was a friend or what Kurt thought of him, but they could tell Kurt liked Blaine. Puck walked over to the table holding water glasses, and he frowned.

"Only water, Berry?" he said, picking up a glass. "I thought you said this was going to be a party?"

"Yes, I did, but now that we are responsible parents, we need to act like it," Rachel said, nodding. Finn placed a hand on the small of Rachel's back as he agreed with her.

More people arrived at Rachel's, and what Puck had said was quickly forgotten. However, Puck started to get restless when everyone was there.

"Rachel, this isn't fun at all," he complained. "Please let me break into your dads' liquor cabinet. Please."

Quinn glared at her fiance. "Noah Puckerman, don't you even think about it."

"Please?" Puck said. Everyone was staring at Rachel and Puck. "Look, we need to loosen up. I don't think we've had one night where we don't have our kids with us."

Rachel sighed. It wasn't her best decision, but she didn't want anyone getting mad. "Fine. One bottle, Noah, and if I see you getting another one, I'll kick you out."

"Hell, yeah!" Puck pumped his fist despite a scorching glare from Quinn. "Just a little bit, Q."

Quinn rolled her eyes. "Fine. But don't complain when you wake up with a headache tomorrow from drinking too much."

***

Half an hour later, Puck had drunk two glasses despite what he had said about only drinking a little, and Quinn was sitting on his lap to prevent him from getting any more. Kitty and Jake had drunk way too much, and Rachel could tell they were highly intoxicated. Artie had already thrown up on the couch, and he was still looking very green, so Rachel just hoped he didn't throw up again. She quickly hid the bottles so no one would get any more alcohol; they most certainly didn't need it as they were going to school tomorrow. 

She saw Santana, still holding onto her glass, half-full of alcohol as she chatted with Sebastian. She watched closely as Sebastian switched his glass full of water with hers and sipped from her glass. Rachel's eyebrows furrowed.

Finn came up from behind her and wrapped his arms around her. He was one of the only ones who hadn't been drinking, and she was glad for that. "Hey, babe," he said.

"Hi," Rachel said, focusing on Santana.

"What are you thinking?" Finn asked and followed her gaze to Santana.