You Are My Sunshine

Santana was just sitting down on the living room couch after putting down the twins for naps. No less than five minutes later, one of the twins started to wail, and then both of them started to cry, making an enormous amount of noise. Santana wasn't concerned about the noise. Yes, her neighbours in the apartment building were probably being driven up a tree by the noise, but she didn't care at all.

Santana sighed, paused the TV show she was watching, and walked back to the nursery. She first picked up Nicholas, then Hudson, and sat down in the rocking chair in the corner of the room. Santana settled Nicholas in the crook of her left arm and Hudson in her right arm. She started to rock, but they didn't stop crying.

Frustrated, she started singing to them as a last resort. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are grey..."

Both the twins stopped crying and looked up at their mom with wide eyes. Santana continued singing softly, repeating 'You Are My Sunshine' over and over again until their eyes were drooping and Nicholas fell asleep, Hudson falling asleep a few minutes later.

Slowly, Santana put Nicholas back in his crib, rocking Hudson when he stirred before putting him back in his crib as well.

Santana was just sitting back down on the couch when Sebastian quietly walked in, setting a bag of groceries on the kitchen counter.

"Hey, Seb," Santana hissed. 

Sebastian raised an eyebrow, taking off his shoes and walking over to Santana. "Yes?"

"The boys were both just crying, but you know what worked?" Santana said.

"What?" Sebastian asked, curious.

"I sang 'You Are My Sunshine' to them, and they immediately calmed down," Santana informed her husband.

"Really? That's interesting," Sebastian said, turning to put the groceries away. "I'll have to remember that!"

And he did, when a few days later, both of the twins were crying. He snuggled both twins into his arms and started to sing softly. 

Hudson fell asleep with a smile, and Nicholas, content to snuggle with Sebastian, fell asleep with Sebastian in the rocking chair. Santana smirked when she checked on the twins an hour later and saw Sebastian, asleep with Nicholas, snuggled into him. She decided not to wake them and then went to prepare dinner.

Within thirty minutes, Sebastian wandered out to the kitchen to find Santana cooking homemade soup, which immediately woke him up with the mouth-watering smells.

"Why didn't you wake me up to help?" Sebastian asked, moving to wash his hands.

Santana playfully bumped him with her hip before allowing him to the sink to wash his hands. "You looked cute with Nicky. I didn't want to wake you. You needed the sleep."

Sebastian couldn't deny that. "I put Nicholas back in his crib. They both are still sleeping."

"Good," Santana let out a breath as she scooped carrots into the soup.

Sebastian moved behind his wife, circling her waist with his arms. She let go of the soup ladle she was using to stir the soup and leaned back into him, letting out a content sigh when her head rested against Sebastian's chest. They stood like that for a minute, enjoying each other's company before Santana moved to stir the soup again.

"The soup will be done in a minute," she said to Sebastian.

"And it'll take a while to cool down," Sebastian replied, a mischievous look crossing his face.

"The boys are still sleeping," Santana added, tossing a look at Sebastian over her shoulder as she moved the soup off the burner. He, in reply, kissed her shoulder and disappeared from the kitchen, moving down the hallway.

After a minute, Santana ensured that all the burners were off and the soup was safely cooling. She quietly padded down the hallway and into her and Sebastian's bedroom. Sebastian glanced up and saw his wife standing in the bedroom door frame, looking absolutely radiant.

"We probably have about 15 minutes before they wake up," Santana commented. "Make it a good 15 minutes."

A/N:

I guess I kinda felt like making a cute one-shot today hahaha. Thoughts? I hope you liked it, and please vote and comment if you did like it! My baby twin cousins actually inspired this one-shot because when they were little and cried before going down for naps, I would always sing You Are My Sunshine to them, and they would always stop crying :)

If no one told you they appreciated you today, remember I do.

xoxoCassidy