Chapter Forty: Old

Start from the beginning

"Wait, why are you guys here?" You asked them as you carried Kai and Beomgyu in your arms, the other three clinging to your waist and legs, either wailing or laughing in delight as you drag them all inside.

"Your mates called us out about the situation and we decided to visit. We wanna lend a hand so we got some of our soldiers and would make them train with the troops here. Oh, and because the kids, Kihyun and Shownu want to see you," Hyun explained as he sighed in relief, finally getting inside the mansion, the insulation actually working now, after help from the workers from your camp.

"Oh, so you guys know about that too now." You hummed as you helped the kids take off their coats, folding them swiftly before looking at the maid who panicked and grabbed everything from you, insisting that she would be the one to help the kids. 

"O-oh, umm, thank you," You thanked the maid, who bowed before rushing away. You looked down with a smile at the kids who looked at you, overlapping each other's words as they tried to get your attention.

"Nyx, we're here too. Give us attention, please." You looked to your side to see Shownu whining while Kihyun hid behind the siren, a blush decorating his cheeks as he quickly side-glanced before flusteredly waving. You rolled your eyes as you waved at them too, the smile still resting on your lips.

"We'll give you some time to spend with them but Reece and are accompanying all of you, alright?" Yoongi said as he glared down at the siren before patting the head of Kai who looked straight at him with wide eyes. You nodded before walking away, waving at your mates before seeing your newly elected guards waiting for you.

"Was Shownu too much for you to handle, Kihyun?" You asked the troop who jumped when you called out to him, shaking his head swiftly as he gave you a flustered smile.

"Nothing I can't handle, Luna!" He shakily answered which you responded with a pat on his back, as you slapped Shownu's nape.

"What did I do?" He yowled, glaring at you with a pout. You stared at him with hard eyes, looking back and forth between him and the kids.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe I just hate you by that much," You muttered as you gestured the kids to go on, the maids guiding them towards the living room, your new guards walking beside you, eyeing the siren and Hyun carefully.

"Don't worry, they're harmless. But watch the kids for a sec please." They looked at you before immediately nodding, rushing towards the kids. You went back and glare at the siren, who stiffened and looked at the captain who was being offered by a butler of a tray of food, completely oblivious to what was happening.

"Look, Hyun asked me to train the kids, Kihyun was also there." The troop nodding repeatedly, defending the siren. You raised your brow as you looked at the captain who is now munching away, thanking the butler for the snack.

"So you're saying we should blame Hyun." Both of them nodded- well, Shownu immediately nodded while Kihyun hesitated before slowly nodding before getting elbowed by the siren, immediately picking up the pace of his nods. They jumped when you cracked your hands, now glaring at the captain who is now looking at you with a confused expression.

"What did I do?" He asked with genuine confusion, now offering you the croissant he was eating, hoping that it would fix amends to whatever made you mad at him.

"You let this dumbass beat the kids until they bruise." 

"So?" And the second he said that he gulped, spared you a glance before breaking into a run. 

"He didn't think quite properly, I think," Kihyun said as he watched the two of you break into a run, hearing Hyun yell muffled apologies while you just went after him. Shownu cackled as he rushed forward, low key wanting to see the demise of the captain on the hands of the hunter.