T E N

As it turns out, the hour was all the allotted time given to the pair.  At some point they had drifted into a sleep, something they both needed desperately, but something that would not last long. Not long at all.

Tate and Techno just couldn't catch a break. Techno often got intrusive thoughts that would circle his brain always asking the same question. Is this really worth it? Of course it was. She was. He didn't know why the thought wouldn't leave his brain. 

Techno decided, in that one moment of peace, he loved her. All that they have gone through lead up to this moment. He wasn't going to let this take over their lives. He would protect her until his last breath. 

Then the banging began. Tate sat up as fast a humanly possible, practically taking out Techno's nose in doing so. It was violent, and the sound rattled the apartment. Fear rippled through Tate's body, " Techno, what is that?"

Techno sat up, rubbing his nose but then looking around as the banging continued, "Stay in here, I'll go check."

"What if it's him?"

Techno looked at the woman sitting on his bed. What if it's him? He didn't really have an answer to that question, so he just kissed her forehead and got up. He picked up a kitchen knife on his way to the front door, where the banging had been coming from. Techno, as quiet as a mouse, leaned into the door, peering an eye through the spy glass. He didn't recognize who was at the door, so he didn't dare open it. He clutched the knife until his knuckles were washed of any color. He couldn't move. The banging was continuing. 

Techno went through his options in his head. Open the door and figure out who this person is and what they want, or to risk the chance of it being someone there to harm them and call the police, only for the person to hear. 

Both were horrible. 

He sat there for a good five minutes, before remembering the woman still sat on his bed in fear.

He walked back to his room, as quietly as he had walked out to the front door. When he walked in the room, knife still in his right hand, he held a finger to his lips. Techno grabbed a random notebook and pen. 

There's a man banging at the door, and I don't want to risk it by letting him hear us. 

Tate's eyes widened in fear, before something else settled in them. She took the pen from his hand. 

I am going to text Clay, I'll tell him everything that's happening and tell him to call the police for us. 

It was all that she could think of, and it had to work.

Hey guys, i know this is super short but im going to put out chapter 11 tomorrow, both are going to be short, but i didnt want them to be put together. i want you guys who are reading this before chapter 11 comes out to comment what yall think is gonna happen. only about 2-3 chapters left guys. i also want to start working on a wilbur fic that will take place in a fantasy world, so also look for that in the next month coming up.

love yall.