"So, chupacabra," Dean guessed as Sam chuckled. "What do we got? Power tools gone rogue? Wait -- are we talking a-a 'Maximum Overdrive' situation here?"

"I don't know. I think it's worth a shot, though. I'll grab our gear. We should probably leave in five."

"Mm-hmm," Dean hummed, looking at the magazine.

"'Less, of course, you need some more time with Miss October," Sam teased.

"What? Oh. Yeah. Yeah, make it ten." Sam chuckled as he got up and left.

Francesca crouched next to the wastebasket as Dean put his magazine down. Dean picked up the wastebasket and the two looked at the bloody napkin before exchanging a worried look.

---

The Impala was parked outside the Morton House.

"We just have a few routine follow-up questions about your wife, sir. Pardon the babies."

They made their way into the living room. Sam and Dean were wearing their Fed suits and Francesca was wearing her Fed skirt and blouse. The twins were in onesies.

"Did she have any enemies?" Francesca asked.

"Ann?" Mr. Morton questioned. "Honestly, I can't think of a soul who'd want to hurt her, even after everything that happened."

"Everything that happened?" Dean repeated.

"About a week ago, something changed in Ann. She was out of sorts, not herself at all."

"Out of sorts how?"

"It'd be better if I show you."

Mr. Morton led them to the basement and continued, "She stopped sleeping." They walked downstairs into the basement with limited lighting. Mr. Morton turned on a switch, lighting half the basement. "She stopped eating. She went out in the middle of the night, going God knows where." Mr. Morton stood on the darker side of the basement. "I tried to talk to her, but, uh... She would just mutter to herself." Sam, Dean, holding Oliver, and Francesca, holding Talia, walked over to the lit side of the basement. There was a large table covered with a miniature village and little plastic bags dangled over the table.

"About what?" Sam asked.

"Something... about an orchard? Finally, I just followed her one night, and she went to the playground. Over here -- the elementary school." Mr. Morton pointed to a section that looked like the replica of a school and playground. It was surrounded by a wall, had open areas, trees, and miniature people. There were several Matchbox cars on the "road" that surrounded the school, positioned properly to show traffic flow. "And she started digging. She would leave with these little bags full of dirt. Hung them here. All these bags represent holes that she dug into the ground."

"Were these holes, uh -- I don't know -- six feet deep?" Dean guessed.

"No. She dug for hours. She never broke a sweat. Straight down ten, maybe 15 feet."

"Did you notice anything else?" Francesca questioned.

"I didn't say anything to the cops cause I didn't want them to think I was crazy. After Ann came home, I came down here to confront her, and she was on the phone."

"Any idea who she was talking to?" Dean asked.

"No. But I know what I saw. And it wasn't my Annie. After I called her out, her eyes... they turned black. Now, I-I know I must have imagined it. I know I did. But I-I left. I went to the bar, probably had too much to drink, and by the time I came back..." he sighed, "...my Annie was, uh... I should have stayed. I should have protected her. I'm moving into my sister's place today. I can't be here anymore."