"You're Sam Smith's brother," Dr. Kadinsky realized. "Who's the young woman?"

Dean took Francesca's hand. "My fiancée. Now what's going on?""

Dr. Kadinsky turned to the nurse. "It - it's fine. Thank you. Really." The nurse left. "Sam was admitted. He was treated for a broken rib and lacerations."

"Okay," Dean said. "That's not too bad. And?"

"And... he's on our locked psychiatric floor."

Dean and Francesca looked surprised before he said, "I mean, he's had some trouble..."

"So you're aware that Sam is experiencing a full-blown psychotic episode?"

"Psychotic? Come on. I mean, the guy's... It's not like the guy's freakin' Norman Bates."

"No, I'm sure he isn't. We need to determine whether his state was brought on by insomnia or whether the insomnia is a symptom of his condition. Do you two understand? So that we can figure out how to treat him."

Francesca frowned. "Well, all both of us can say is that the sleep thing - is kinda new."

"Right. Well... we've pumped him about as full of sedatives as safely as we can. So far, he won't go under. I've never seen anything like it."

Dr. Kadinsky pushed a button to enter Ward D2. A sign on the wall and the door read 'High Security Area'. He, Dean and Francesca walked down the hallway in the ward.

INT. SAM'S HOSPITAL ROOM

Hallucifer was sitting on a desk, playing with a piece of string. Sam was on the bed, dressed in a white T-shirt and white hospital pants.

"I'm just sayin'. Back when you had no soul..." Hallucifer began as Dr. Kadinsky, Dean and Francesca appeared at the door, "...you never had to sleep." Dean entered the room, pulling Francesca in with him. "Ah, Mrs. and Mr. Helpless. Pull up a six-pack, buddy. Get some more muscle, little girl."

"How are you feeling?" Dean and Francesca asked.

"Maybe you two should cancel my UFC fight," Sam replied.

"Yeah. Keep that sense of humor, Sam," Hallucifer commented. "It'll get you through this."

Dean sat on the end of Sam's bed before he said, "Sam, we're gonna find a way to help you."

Sam exhaled and looked away.

"Now, that sounded a little cynical," Hallucifer stated.

Sam looked at his brother and friend. "I don't think it's out there, Dean, Frankie."

Francesca shook her head. "We don't know that."

"We know better than most. It's all snake oil. Last faith healer we hooked up with had a reaper on a leash. Remember?"

Dean stood before he said, "Yeah, Sam, I remember."

"I'm just saying..."

"What? That you don't want our help?"

"No, I'm just saying... don't do this to yourselves."

"Sam, if we don't find something-"

"Then I'll die."

"Oh, you're upsetting me," Hallucifer said.

"Dean, we knew this was coming."

"No," Dean retorted.

"When you put my soul back..."

"No."

"Cas warned you about all the crap it would-"