Saving a Friend: Part 10

It had been nearly two weeks and no sign of Victor. Each time the team got close to tracking him down he would disappear leaving a slew of power outages in his wake. But this wasn't Victor's doing, this was Ion. 

"Any luck?" Loki said sitting up from laying on Diana and Kiah's couch as the Amazon sisters walked into their shared apartment. 

"Nothing. This makes no sense. There is no pattern at all to what Ion is doing. Hacking into banks and large businesses but not stealing anything of value. Just storing useless information then leaving them powerless for days." Kiah said placing her head piece on the table in the living room and rubbing her temples. Diana took a seat opposite Loki and sighed. 

"Victor is still in there. He'll find his way back." Diana said with a small smile. 

"It's late. Let's get some sleep. We will try again tomorrow." Kiah said looking to Loki and motioning him to follow her. He got up immediately and followed her a little too quickly. Loki had been staying with Kiah and Diana sense their reunion. It was hard at first emotionally for the both of them, but it was easier to just spend as much time together as possible to attempt to mend their broken relationship than apart. And so far, it was indeed mending. 

"You look stressed." Loki said flopping down on Kiah's bed. 

"I am a strong warrior. But this... Victor. I can't lose another friend." Kiah said taking off her armor and carefully putting it away. 

"You won't. Have faith." 

"Hmm. Maybe." Kiah's stress was showing on her face. And she NEVER showed weakness of any kind. Especially in front of Diana. The only person who truly saw her this way was Loki. Kiah brushed through her hair and changed into something more comfortable. She then took a seat next to Loki on her bed and grabbed his hand. "Thank you. For being here. I know I am not always as forthcoming with my emotions as you would like me to be." She smiled softly. 

"There is no rush. You will come to me when you are ready." Loki said confidently. 

"And what if I am ready now?" Kiah whispered looking down at their intertwined fingers. 

Silence. No words were spoken. Nothing else was needed to be said. Loki reached over and moved Kiah's head to rest against his. With their eyes closed they held each other silently for what felt like hours. This wasn't love at first sight. Or a passionate demanding love story. This was a moment building from a deep longing within each of them. A longing they knew they wanted... but didn't know they deserved. 

The next morning Loki and Kiah were laying together staring into each others eyes tangled in each others arms. Still not saying a word. They didn't get much sleep that night but they oddly felt rested. They stayed up most of the night enjoying the blissful confession of love they finally made towards each other. They talked occasionally about what they hoped for the future. Although Kiah was still a bit hesitant about hers. She wanted to eventually return to her people. But she felt as though she belonged somewhere else. Somewhere not here. Not Gotham, not Themyscira. It was a feeling in the pit of her stomach. And Loki felt it too. He just wasn't ready to own up to it yet; because although Kiah didn't know where she belonged... Loki did. And he wanted to return home. But now wasn't the time to discuss such things. Now was the time to help Victor. To save Kiah's friend. 

Kiah's phone buzzed on the table beside her bed and she reluctantly sat up to answer it. 

"Goodmorning Arthur." Kiah said happily. 

"Morning. Head on over Alfred got a lead on Ion." Arthur said. 

"Be right there." 

"You seem cheery." Arthur chuckled.