You Speak the Truth: Part 2

"Eat." An amazon warrior guard shoved a tray of food through the open slot at the bottom of Loki's cell door. 

"I wish to speak with your queen." Loki said kicking the tray away from him. 

"You will gain an audience with the queen once you have told us who you are and what you want." She answered. 

"I have told you already! I am Loki and I have no idea how I arrived here! I just wish to be on my way!" Loki groaned then stood up with his fists at his sides. He winced a bit at the pain he was feeling in his abdomen. "I am not healing, I am in need of medical assistance." 

"I thought Gods didn't get injured?" The Amazon warrior tilted her head with a smirk.

"I am a sorcerer and my magic isn't working. Help me!" Loki was seething. He always healed quickly after being injured, but this time he wasn't. It made him feel weak, and he never felt weak. 

"I can take it from here Asdria." A strong feminine voice sounded from the shadows. Asdria nodded and made her way out of the prison. 

"You don't look well." Kiah said gesturing towards Loki. 

"I am not healing as I normally do. I am unsure why." Loki sat on his cot in his cell and rubbed his forehead. 

"This cell is spelled by an old magic. Your powers do not work here. You must heal like any other mortal. How did you get hurt?" Kiah pulled a stool up and sat. She grabbed a cloth from her belt and began cleaning her sword. She blew slightly on her blade then smiled to herself. She looked up noticing Loki staring at her. "So?" She inquired again.

"It's a long and complicated story." He said. 

"I have time." Kiah placed her sword in her holster and tossed the cloth to the ground. She scooted her stool against the wall opposite of Loki's cell and leaned against it. "Go on." She said.

"It isn't a very good story. It doesn't paint me in the best of light my dear." Loki leaned against the wall next to his cot. 

"If you wish to ever see the light of day again you will cooperate. Now, speak." Kiah was getting irritated. But it was her duty to protect Theymscira. And Loki seemed to be more willing to speak to her rather than anyone else who tried, even though he still spoke very little about who he was. 

"I am Loki of Asgard. I was on Midgard when I was brought here by the Tesseract." Loki looked to Kiah and found her with a confused look on her face. "Midgard is Earth." He said realizing she had no idea what Midgard meant. 

"And what is Asgard?" She asked. 

"My home. Or... it was. I am not welcome there at the moment. I suspect they are looking for me to place me in a prison of their own. As much as I distain imprisonment, I am absolutely sure their accommodations would be much more suitable than... this." Loki gestured to his cell.

"I will be happy to return you to your rightful owner when I get the information I need." Kiah smiled. 

"Nobody owns me! I am a God!" Loki screamed then winced in pain.

"If you truly think you are a God then why do you look just like an average man?" 

"Trust me darling, I am not average." Loki winked. 

"Back to your story." Kiah said sternly.

"Right... I tried to take over the Earth. Didn't work out in my favor. But it wasn't really me... so to speak. Well, it was me. But not entirely. Let's just say my wants were influenced by someone... else." Loki spoke softly. He was still processing what had happened to him and what he had done in New York. It was still slightly a blur. 

"So you were committing acts of violence against your will?" Kiah asked, more interested now. 

"Yes and no. I wanted power, I still do. But the way I went about it wasn't exactly my first choice." Loki shifted to lay on the cot and crossed his legs and places his hands behind his head. 

"So are your intentions here... good or evil?" 

"I have no intentions towards you or your people. Just to leave."

"My sister has traveled to the land of men and she has said nothing of that sort of attack. She is well known there. Maybe her companions would know something about you. They are in some ways like you. They have special abilities as I am sure you also have... from what little I have seen." Kiah said looking at Loki and taking in his relaxed form.

"You haven't seen any of my abilities. How do you know I have them?" Loki said with his eyes closed. 

"I guess I haven't. But I can sense them." Kiah replied. 

"Hmm." 

"Get back to your story. You keep trying to change the subject at hand." Kiah said getting annoyed. 

"You are a smart one. Let's see... these annoying Avengers characters stopped me and my brother Thor was just about to take me back to Asgard to face my fate when suddenly the Tesseract reacquainted itself with me. It sent me here. Then it disappeared." Loki said.

"What is the Tesseract?" Kiah asked. 

"The Space Stone, one of the infinity stones. Those who wield all of them control the galaxy." Loki sat up on his elbows and looked to Kiah.

"I have never heard of anything like that." Kiah got up and walked closer to Loki. 

"You have to believe me. I mean you no harm." Loki said standing up and placing this hands in the air palms facing Kiah.

"How do I know you speak the truth?" Kiah asked.

"Come here." He said reaching his hand through one of the cell door bars. Kiah stepped back and looked at his hand hesitantly. "I won't hurt you." Loki said. She nodded then walked closer. Loki placed his hand on her forehead and closed his eyes. He grit his teeth then used the little magic he could conjure and poured his thoughts into Kiah's mind. She saw everything, and she could feel what he felt. He was telling the truth. Kiah stepped back ripping herself from Lokis hand. 

"How did you do that!? This prison wards off magic." She shouted at him.

"I am more powerful that your anti magic charms. I cannot use my full power. But I can conjure enough to share my thoughts with another." Loki said panting and stumbling back towards his cot. 

"You speak the truth." Kiah said softly. 

"I do." Loki said 

"I will speak with my mother but I cannot guarantee your release. Everything you say is true, but none of it is familiar to me. It's as if you are from another dimension in time." Kiah said confusing herself further. 

"Maybe I am." Loki said rubbing his hands together with a furrowed brow.