Chapter 12

(don't forget to vote pls 🥺)

N A O M I

I check the time on my phone as I step out of the house. When I look up I see a very familiar car approaching me. Ofcourse, I have some beautiful memories with Charlie's car now. I am still wondering how that car didn't get pulled yesterday. Canada is really THE PLACE in this evil world.

The car stops right in front of me with a loud and continuous honk to break me out of my day dreams.
"Oh my God Char, I see you! I see both of you STOP HONKING YOU ARE DISTURBING THE NEIGHBORS!" I yell while pulling the car door furiously to stop him.

What a good start.

I throw my bag back in the seat but my eyes haven't moved anywhere from Charlie who is laughing like an idiot because he seems to be really proud of what he has just done. I give him a death stare but he looks back at me with a cute smile, totally ignoring my death stare. He really does look so cute.

No he doesn't.

Oh, but he does though.

N- okay Naomi snap out of it, come on.

"You are putting the nice Canadians to shame, " I scuff while hopping in the back seat.

"Oh hey Selina" I say when I notice her just looking at both of us awkwardly.

"Did you just really call him Char?" She raises an eyebrow. My eyes widened, literally just now realizing I did that as well. she really doesn't like it when her friends get along with her brother huh?

Then why would she ask me to come with them though? I'm obviously going to talk to him. Anyways.

I give her an awkward smile, "ahh I uh, I used to have a friend with the same name as Charlie, I guess it just came out of my mouth." I'm not lying, but it's not exactly the truth either. My ex best friends name was Charlie, I never called him Char though.

"Close the door before you fly out of it, Melody" I frown at his words, He called me that again. Well, Selina must not be enjoying this right now.

I close the door and get comfortable, this car is literally so comfy, I think I'll have to try not to fall asleep.

"You guys want to listen to some music?" Charlie asks while opening his Spotify playlist.

"I guess we don't have a choice now do we?" Selina mumbles while looking out of the window as he scrolls through his list.

Okay what is wrong with her today?

"What about NEEDTOBREATHE?" Charlie asks with a big smile on his face, his thumb hovering over one of their songs.

"NO!" Selina immediately screams at the exact same time I scream, "YES!" She turns her head to me and sighs.

Is she really mad at me for this?

Charlie smirks and looks at me, "I see someone, unlike that Muppet over there, has incredible taste!"

I laugh and nod, "I do indeed. NEEDTOBREATHE is my favorite band, they are really good." I say as he taps on the song, Washed by the water.

"You're wrong there lady. Your favorite band is Sunset curve," he states. I grin and shake my head, this guy is something else.

This whole time I felt Selina's stare on us. I'm not flirting with him, I'm really just getting to know him. But while doing that, we both don't really realize Selina just sitting there, eating out of her nose.