Chapter 9

"What place are you exactly talking about?" I turn to look at him as well.

"Well, you must wait and see," He grins before turning back to the steering wheel and taking a sharp turn to the right. Away from all the traffic.

Off the road.

__

I look at Charlie in confusion as he drives on the sidewalk next to the busy road. He soon stops the car and turns off the engine. What is he doing?

"Wait? We are just gonna leave the car here?" I ask him confused. Looking at him with wide eyes. I already thought this guy was a little bit crazy, but now I think he's insane.

"Apparently yes," he says. Removing his seat belt and opening his car door.

"Wait what are you doing? What if it gets pulled or something? It's not even safe. And where are we going without a car? We are on a highway!" I don't even notice the tone of my voice changing as I throw all of the questions I had in his face.

Charlie chuckles.

"I don't mean to be rude but you are a very curious person," he says and opens the door. Not answering any of my questions, which is not helping my anxiety right now.

"what?" I scoff. I know I worry too much about stuff and I also know it can be annoying, but I just can't help it. I don't know this guy, anything can happen for all I know.

"Now if you may step out." He smiles nicely before stepping out of the car. Once again, deciding not to answer my question. It wasn't really a question, but still.

After debating to get out of the car yes or no, I decided to stop overthinking and just do it. We are stuck here for an hour anyways. And I'm not planning on staying here all alone for an hour.

"Where are we even going?" I ask him as he locks his car and starts walking to God knows where.

"Just walk around for a bit." He replies while turning around and walking backwards, looking at me with a cheeky smile.

I'm pretty sure my face was everything but relaxed. Why does this guy wants to just walk around?

This comes straight out of a horror movie.

"I'm not going to kill your or something." He jokes as he notices my discomfort before turning around to look back at the beautiful view. I have no idea where we are going, but it's definitely up a mountain.

I sigh deeply. Just go with it.

-

It's been five minutes since we have been walking aimlessly now. I am just following him because, well what other choice do I have right now? Going on some kind of hike in Canada has always been a dream of me. I mean, this place is amazing. It doesn't matter where you look, you will see something absolutely beautiful.

My parents used to take my brother and i on adventurous walks in the woods all the time when we were younger. One quote i will always remember them telling us whenever we were complaining about going on yet another walk, is that you will always remember the adventures you go on, not the presents you get. Because you will outgrow that stuff, but you will never outgrow adventures.

And I never agreed to something more than to that one quote.

But with a stranger that I don't really know? Yeah, my parents never had a quote for that one.

My mind starts to drift off even more as we are still walking up the beautiful mountain surrounded with beautiful nature. For some reason, being here really excites me. And if something excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should just go with it.

"Are you gonna keep following me like this?" Charlie suddenly stops and turns around to ask me. You've gotten to be kidding me. Just as my mind started to calm down, he has to make a comment like that?

My mouth slightly opens in disbelief, "Wait, what are you trying to say? Because if I remember clearly, you were the one who stopped the car in the middle of nowhere because apparently you knew a place to go?" I speak without taking a breath. The frustration that I had slowly starting to return.

He looks at me seriously for a second and then breaks out laughing. Throwing his head back while squinting his eyes in a very adorable way. But I'm frustrated with him right now, so I'm just going to ignore that thought.

"What?" I ask confused and angry. Doesn't he realize how rude it is to talk to someone like that? Or am I being dramatic? You probably are.

"You're just cute," Is all he says. Making me turn into a tomato, not because of anger but because of the very random compliment he just gave me. He probably doesn't even mean it, he just saw the anger on my face and decided to give me a compliment. Right?

He turns back and starts walking again. "We are almost there," he informs me. Not teasing me on how red my face has gotten like most guys would.

Once we arrive at the top of the mountain I can't help but zone out. This place is magical. I slowly turn around, looking at the beautiful trees and flowers around us. And finally, the view of the city. The hustle and bustle that's going on down there is the complete opposite of where we are now. Wow.

"How do you even know about this place?" I ask as i stare blank at the view in front of me

"How do you even know about this place?" I ask as i stare blank at the view in front of me. In awe with this country.

"Well i grew up here so... " He says as he slides both of his hands in his pockets and looks at me in a way that he wants me to tell him something.

"What?" I laugh softly and shake my head, killing the awkward silence while looking into his eyes curiously.

"Nothing, do you like the place?" He pouts a little.

"Yeah! It's so beautiful, hard to believe that something like this would exist in the middle of a city." I speak as i take another look around and turn to look back at him

"Well, canada is beautiful!" He smiles and sits on the ground, "i bet London is beautiful as well," he adds with smile on his face.

I take a seat next to him but maintain a gap between us, "it is but it's very loud. I think that's what makes London, London though you know? it's beautiful." I say while staring into the beautiful sea of people and cars below us.

"So are the people from there." The words catch me off guard in a split second, and i turn to look at him quickly. He said it so softly, almost whispered it and I think i melted on the inside but no this is wrong. I shouldn't be feeling this way.

Selina would kill me for even thinking like this.

He is still looking at me with his eyes slightly squinted, like he was thinking really deeply before looking away. I think my heart just skipped a beat. I quickly look away into the empty space. My heart is beating fast. It was just for two seconds but it was so intense. If one could kill by eyes i would have probably been dead by now.

( AAAHHHH how do y'all like this chapter?! Also a quick question, are the chapters too short? Because I'll definitely try and make the next longer if that's the case! 😊 )