Chapter 8

// DON'T FORGET TO VOTE 🥺//

"Well, I have to cook dinner today, so I can't bring you home. You can ask my brother to bring you home?"

And that's the moment I almost shit my pants.

___

"Uhm what?" I ask. I don't think I heard that right. The girl that doesn't like her friends talking to her brother suggests something like that?

Selina laughs as she notices my confusion, "I trust you with him. Your friends pulled the same thing on you with your brother," She explains.

I nod, "Yeah that's true. If your brother doesn't mind then sure!" I agree with a small smile.

She scoffs and shakes her head, "if he does, send him to me and I'll change his mind." She nods with an evil smirk on her face. They remind me of the bond I have with my brother, you can tell by the way they talk about each other that they are close.

Like they'd beat each others arse if they don't listen to each other.

I laugh and roll my eyes, "If he doesn't want to bring me home I can always ask my brother to pick me up. He will complain for half an hour, but still do it in the end. That's what you call sibling love," I sarcastically mumble while I grab my glass of water from which I still hadn't drunk.

"Oh no, I won't let that happen. Just ask Charlie, he's probably in our backyard. That boy has some weird obsession with the sky," She snickers and turns around to walk out of her room.

"Where are you going?" I ask her confused. She has a habit of walking away in the most random situations.

"Cook dinner? There is no way in hell I am going to ask my brother to bring you home! He's definitely saying no if i ask him," she stated before giving me a big smile and walking out of her room. Perfect.

Bye Selina and, hi anxiety.

- ( how do y'all like this fanfic so far? Also if you guys have any tips/ideas lemme know!! ) -

You got this Naomi I tell myself as I make my way to the backyard to ask Charlie to bring me home.

It's not a big deal you just have to ask him

looking around in the backyard, I finally find Charlie sitting on a hanging chair in the corner with his eyes closed. As I walk closer I notice air pods in his ears. He is listening to music, I make a guess in my mind as I walk closer to him.

What do I do now? Naomi, why are you so stupid.

I argue with myself in my mind as I realise that I am most definitely looking like an idiot standing right in front of his face not saying anything.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Charlie asks once he notices my presence, removing one of his airpods.

"Ah yeah actually, Selina told me that you could bring me home if that's okay with you?" I ask nervously but I keep my posture erect to show that I am confident. Which deeply down, I'm obviously not.

"Okay." He simply replies back as he gets up and leaves before I could say something else.

"Well thankyou?" I say loudly to myself as i watch him walk back into the house.

For a moment, I just stand in their backyard like a lost puppy. All of that went so fast. I feel like every interaction I have with him is different and weird. It always leaves my mind thinking about what just happened. Like when he called me Melody earlier today.