Catorce

Catorce - Distant 

Catorce - Distant 

Artemis Cloud Romanoff was feeling odd. Wanda Maximoff always check up on her because after every training she goes to the Scarlet Witch room and lock herself up. Clint Barton noticed that Artemis was acting weird. Clint noticed how Artemis tried her best to avoid looking at Wanda's eyes. Clint also noticed how Wanda care about Artemis. Artemis spent her days convincing herself that her developing feelings for Wanda would go around. 

"You know you need to stop avoiding her, right?" The Scarlet Witch told Artemis 

Of course, Artemis knew that. She rubbed her hands on her face, wanting to punch herself right now. 

"This is just a little crush, right? Right, only crush" Artemis replied to the Scarlet Witch or to herself. 

"Artemis, it's normal, okay? That feelings you have for Wanda is normal. You're new to things and those things that Wanda have shown you are new to you. Stop panicking. Your mind is really loud, babe" 

"Babe? Witchy, you need to stop giving me nicknames. Stick to one, alright?"

"Nope. One word is not enough to describe you" The Scarlet Witch said and winked at her. 

"I need to forget this little crush on Wanda and you need to stop on having a crush on me" 

"Crush on who?"  Wanda suddenly asked as she enters the room. 

"N-no one" "No one" The Scarlet Witch and Artemis said at the same time. 

Wanda looked at the Scarlet Witch and Artemis with confusion in her eyes. Wanda titled her head as she looked at Artemis. 

"W-why are you tilting your head l-like that?" Artemis stuttered. 

"Let's talk. Outside. Now" Wanda sternly command. 

Artemis quickly nodded and run out of the room. Wanda looked at the Scarlet Witch. The Scarlet Witch only smiled at her. 

"You can't scared me the way you scared her, Wanda" The Scarlet Witch teasingly said. 

"Can you tell me why she's avoiding me?"

"What? She's avoiding you? She's not. She trains with you, right?" The Scarlet Witch played dumb. 

"She trains with me but she avoid talking to me" Wanda said. 

"Wanda, she's adjusting" The Scarlet Witch said. 

Wanda nodded her head and get out of the room. Clint and Pietro looked at her as she walk outside. 

"I bet you 20 bucks if Artemis have a crush on Wanda" Pietro said. 

"10 bucks if Wanda have a crush on Artemis" Clint said. 

Both of them quietly followed Wanda, making sure that she didn't heard them following her. Wanda saw Artemis biting her nails as she sit on the ground. 

"Are you okay? You have been locking yourself up after the training" Wanda said as she sit beside Artemis. 

Artemis stopped from biting her nails and move a little bit to make sure there's enough space between her and Wanda. Wanda noticed that but decided to just slide it away. 

"Yeah, just thinking"

"Thinking about?" 

"Things. Natasha's name. Pietro's coming back. HYDRA" 

Wanda looked at Artemis. She noticed how Artemis weren't looking at her as they talked. She knew that Artemis is lying and she really don't know why because she can't read Artemis's mind. 

"Can you please tell me the truth? You've been avoiding me since the attack" 

"It's really nothing, Wanda. I used to be alone and I'm not use with people giving a fuck about me" 

"Can you look at me? You're avoiding my eyes. Your eyes are moving too much" 

Artemis hesitated. Artemis don't want to look at Wanda's eyes. She doesn't want to feel what she felt when Wanda made her look at her eyes. Artemis wanted to shake her head but she really don't want Wanda to get a hint or clue about what's going on in her mind. Wanda slowly put her hands on Artemis's cheeks, turning it into her face to make her look at her eyes. 

"Tell me what's wrong" 

Artemis pulled Wanda's hands out of her face and avoid Wanda's eyes again. Artemis's anxiety started to kick her and the convincing also began. I meant nothing, to Wanda and to everyone, Artemis thought.

"Arte" Wanda almost beg. 

Wanda felt weird. She asked herself why she cared about Artemis as much as she did but she cannot even come up with one answer. She feel strange as Artemis does too. 

"Nothing's wrong, Wanda" Artemis mumbled. 

"Then tell me why you're avoiding me!" Wanda madly said. 

"Don't look at me that way" Artemis said. 

"W-what? What's wrong in the way I look at you?" Wanda asked. 

"Stop looking at me like you give a fuck about me! Wanda, we both know the reason you called me back. Stop giving me hints that I could meant something to someone or to anyone because I know that I meant nothing. I'm not use to see that look, Wanda. That look you have whenever you look at me" Artemis exploded. 

"You meant something to me, Artemis. if you meant nothing then I should've let them get you" Wanda said.

"Oh, come on. Wanda, tell me that again once your kids and Vision come back. Let's see if that remain the same" Artemis said and disappeared. 

Pietro and Clint looked at each other. What just happened, they both thought. Pietro quickly rushed to his sister's side and comforted her. 

"Can you guys tell me what's wrong in the way I look at Artemis? I don't get why she avoid my eyes" Wanda asked. 

"Oh my god, sister. You're clueless" Pietro commented. 

"JUST TELL ME" Wanda sternly said. 

"Remember the way you look at Vision? That way" Clint explained. 

"W-what? I-i don't look at her that way" Wanda refused. 

"Wanda, there's difference between looking at the person in friendly way and romantically way. I know you know that" Clint said. 

"I find her adorable but it doesn't meant that I like her" Wanda confessed. 

"You're developing it, sister. You don't like her, yet. You started to develop feelings for her and I don't see anything wrong with that" Pietro said. 

Wanda shake her head and get inside the cabin. Am I? She asked herself. Wanda started to bit her nails. Vision and her kids just disappeared from the hex a year ago. For Wanda, she can't move on that fast or just forget about it. She still want to be with her kids and still in love with Vision. She still hoping that one day he'll come back and her hope increased when she met Artemis. 

"Wanda, we need to find Artemis" 

"My subconsciousness is telling me that she appeared in the city. The book is showing me something. We need to find her"

"What something?" 

"HYDRA won't stop until they get her. I can't let my saver be alone"