Cuatro

Cuatro - Overcontrolled

Artemis Cloud Romanoff was happy. She felt happy with her powers for the first time of her life but a question appeared in her mind. She was curious person, aren't she? Can she bring back the life of her sister if she wishes to have that power? She thought. She don't want to risk it but she badly wanted to try it.

"Can I kill you?"

That question really freak out Dr. R. Frankster. He immediately stepped on the breaks and look at Artemis. He was so shocked.

"W-what?"

"No, I mean, I wanna try something. I wanna know if I can bring someone's life by wishing to have that ability"

"Okay but try to turn that tree into a dog and kill it then try to bring it back to life"

"But I need a name to kill" She debated.

"Let me think. One sec. If your book have ability to give powers then maybe it also have ability to give weapons? You can draw, right? Try it"

She frowned. She really don't want to use her book for killing someone or something but she needs to try it. She opened her notebook and tried to draw a knife using her mind, They both saw a knife slowly being drew in the notebook and once it's done, the knife float in the air, waiting for someone to grab it.

 She opened her notebook and tried to draw a knife using her mind, They both saw a knife slowly being drew in the notebook and once it's done, the knife float in the air, waiting for someone to grab it

Artemis grabbed the knife and both of them look awe. Artemis focus her mind into a tree and turning it into a dog. She throw the knife and the knife slowly killed the dog. She wrote 'ability to bring anything/anyone's life back' and went to try it. The dog didn't come back to life. It went back into a tree. Maybe she needs to try it to a person?

"Okay, that didn't work. We can test it later without turning something to another thing"

Artemis just nodded. She erased the drawing of the knife to make it vanish. He continue driving. While he drives, he recognized a man walking on the sidewalk. An agent from HYDRA. Artemis saw the man and his name - HYDRA agent. When she saw that, her eyes automatically turned into green and her notebook wrote the man's name itself. That was the thing Dr. Frankster awaken. Artemis can see if a person is part of HYDRA and once she spot a person with HYDRA next to it, her eyes will turn green and she will write their names. Her book can overcontrol her when she saw an enemy. It doesn't matter if that person have a family or a good person. They wanted her to become the avenger's slayer but instead, she became the HYDRA's slayer. He watched her as the man drop on the ground. Dead. Artemis smiled. Killing people from HYDRA gives her strength.

"Test it"

Artemis tried her best to bring the man's life but it didn't work. They both look at her notebook. The 'ability to bring someone/something's life back' was erased with a red ink. Both of them sighed with disappointment. Artemis looked at her notebook and noticed that the line on the N of Natasha Romanoff's name was gone.

"Dr. Frankster, look" She said and pointed to her book.

The doctor took a glance at her notebook and he was shocked. He came up with a theory earlier and he was right. His theory about the ability that Artemis tested. It didn't work because she already had it.

"You have powers to bring back other people's life but only chosen ones. Your book need to choose them in order for them to come back. Pietro and Natasha will come back alive as soon as their names don't have the vertical lines. I wonder about something tho. When you saw that agent, your eyes automatically slow green and you killed him without hesitation but when you saw me earlier, you smiled as if I wasn't part of HYDRA"

Artemis pursed her lips and thought. She wasn't sure but she has a theory why her book didn't kill him.

"In order for me to kill is to know the full name of that person, right? I can't see your full name. All I know was Dr. R. Frankster and I guess that my book knew that you were forced by those higher people of HYDRA. You were the best doctor in town, so, I expect that they force you to do experiments to people like me. You know those one they kidnapped"

He nodded in agreement. He stopped the car and went to open the door for her. Artemis was thinking. She doesn't need him to know anything about her powers because she figured out that she can just ask her book. Her book used to talk to her in her dreams and her book was trying to find ways to communicate with her through her mind and the book succeed. The book told Artemis why she needs to find Wanda Maximoff.

"I know, you know somethings about my powers but not all of it, so, I think I need to go. I need to find where Wanda Maximoff is. I can help her bring those she wants to bring back and she can help me enhance my powers because she's the scarlet witch"

"Do you really think that's the reason you had that vision?" He asked.

"That's my book told me. I need to go. Thank you" She said and went out of the car.

She was about to run but her mind wandered about something.

"Oh! Wait, before I go. What's the code name you guys gave me?"

"Death Note" He smiled at her cuteness.

"Cool. See yah" She smiled and waved.

By the help of her book, she teleported where Wanda Maximoff is. He wanted to tell her something but he just smiled because he can tell her that next time. He trust Artemis and he know she will make him proud. Artemis felt dizzy after the book teleported her. She looked around and saw a cabin. She feel scared but her book needs Wanda Maximoff. Wanda Maximoff needs her. They both needs each other. She doesn't have a choice. She saw Wanda Maximoff outside the cabin, staring at nothing.

"Wanda"