Dos

Dos - Awaken

Dos - Awaken

Artemis Cloud Romanoff feel different when she woke up. She felt like she gain some strength and she doesn't know how. She felt like something woke up inside her. A desire? but for what? What kind of desire she always had? She wasn't sure because the only thing she remember was her passing out after the last experiment. The guard ordered to observe her today because she supposed to be sleep for at least a week but here she is, breathing as if her heart beat didn't stop yesterday. Dr. R. Frankster knew he did something. Yesterday, Artemis was 20 and after he injected the unknown serum, her physical appearance change. She suddenly look a lot older and mature. She turned 23 when her powers gained some strength from the book and from the unknown serum.

"Here. Dr. Frankster wants to give you this. He said that you know what to do with it"

She didn't noticed when the guard forgot one of the rules given to them. No name dropping or you're dead. She just nod and grab the name pin. At first glance, she really don't know what to do but when her eyes turn green, list of names appeared in her mind. She can feel herself smiling as she saw the names of doctors. All them. She tried to stop herself from moving to rethink the things she will do about the names but her mind was being controlled by her book. She grabs her notebook and started to write those except for Dr. R. Frankster.

(the notebook is the white one)

She don't know the reason. She just know that she shouldn't write his name. She heard a noise. A loud one. It sounds like an alarm but Artemis didn't care about it. She just continue writing. The television inside her cell suddenly on. A news was on the screen.

"Wanda Maximoff seen somewhere near the mall, getting things like candles and crystals"

When Artemis saw Wanda Maximoff's name, another set of list appeared in her mind and a little voice, telling her to write those name in the page that they could never die. There were 13 names appeared in her mind. Wanda Maximoff. Sam Wilson. James Bucky Barnes. Peter Benjamin Parker. Thor Odinson. Clint Barton. Scott Lang and Robert Bruce banner were the very first ones she wrote. She started to write Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff, Steve Rogers and Pietro Maximoff but all of their names have a line in the middle of each letters. She also notice that the letter "P" in Pietro's name doesn't have the line.

(That's my handwriting! lmao)

She wonders what is the meaning of that. She tried her best to write Vision and Loki Odinson's name over and over but the notebook keeps on erasing it. She just guess that maybe she cannot do anything with it.

"They're dead" the guard outside her cell said.

She was confused. She doesn't know the purpose of her notebook. She didn't knew what kind of power she had because she never tried them until now. She looked at the guard and saw a name on top of his head.

"Marvin Martinez"

Suddenly, the guard opened her cell. She felt uneasy but she step out of her cell, hugging her notebook as if her life depends on it. She started to walk as she follows the guard. She may be look older mature but she ain't that smart. She's naïve. She may be look older and mature but because of those experiments and living all her life inside the HYDRA facility, she doesn't have a life. She doesn't know what's life feels like outside HYDRA. Artemis Cloud Romanoff doesn't have a childhood. She didn't feel like she have or supposed to have it. They both saw bunch of doctor's bodies laying on the ground as they walk. She was wondering what happened to them. All of them seems like sleeping but clearly, not breathing.

"That's your powers"

She blinked for a few times. She just realized what she have done. She killed them when she wrote their names. She wanted to cry. She doesn't want to do that. She didn't know. She couldn't control her body.

"I-i'm sorry"

She cried. She doesn't know what to do. She felt like she became more worthless. She just want to write because her notebook told her.

"Don't be sorry. You're free now. You don't need to worry anymore"

He opened the main gate. Her mind thought about the prisoners but she remembers that she was the only one who survive all the experiment but she still hope that some of them survive or escaped.

"Don't worry. No one can hurt you. Your powers will save you and reach its limit now"

She looked around as she step out the facility. The only one she knew in that facility was Bucky and she didn't know where he is now. She doesn't know if he tried to find her or to help her. She started to walk even though she doesn't know where she was going. A vision appeared in her mind. she needs to find Wada Maximoff. She doesn't know why but she feel Wanda Maximoff can help her to find Bucky. Her vision led the way how to find Wanda but a question never disappeared from her mind even since she write the name of Natasha Romanoff. Who was she? Why her surname like hers? Are they related?

"I need answers"

She came back to the facility and goes straight to the file area or basically, the basement. She saw the guard looking at her but she doesn't care about him. She just continue walking towards the basement. She used her powers to find her files and a folder appeared in front of her, floating in the air. She put her notebook down and grab the folder. She reads over and over until she found out the truth. She found out about her history. She finally know who she is.