Chapter 36 : Accepting Love

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yeah, yeah. That's what I came for. We had to talk to Pari."

"Yes, genius. Can I freshen up first?"

Anika nodded robotically, looking down at the floor this time.

"Great, see you in fifteen!" Saying that he walked into the washroom. If Anika was going to react like that on seeing him shirtless, he wondered which calamity would strike when the roles were reversed.

* * *

Anika waited outside the room. She had called Saahil to catch up with him while Shivaay freshened up. Plus it would be a good distraction. Talking to Saahil always left her in a good mood.

Shivaay stepped out of the room to find Anika leaning on the railing while talking to her brother. His ears perked up at her words.

"Saahil, you are happy right?"

He smiled. Anika was a wonderful person. He wondered how she was so thoughtful all the time. He smiled.

"Okay, but you better tell me if you get into any trouble okay?"

Shivaay rolled his eyes. Anika was a walking trouble.

"Oh please. I don't go around messing things and causing trouble. It's just that after Billu Ji has come into my life everything goes wrong all the time. He is the root cause of all my problems."

Shivaay's jaw dropped at that. The nerve of this woman. She walked carelessly, talked thoughtlessly and invited troubles for herself and here she was blaming everything on him. He folded his arms looking pointedly waiting for her to wrap up the call and turn.

Anika turned around to find Shivaay looking at her. His gaze sharper than a butcher's knife. "What?" She mumbled.

"Really, Anika? I am the root-cause of your trouble?"

Anika looked surprised, "you were listening?"

"Just made it in time for the climax!" He muttered.

"You shouldn't overhear other's conversations."

"Look who is talking!"

Anika was offended. "What do you mean?"

"Come on, it's not like you've never overheard conversations. Remember you overheard Tia's conversation over the phone,"

"That was by chance. And be glad I did, that's how I knew she had a husband!"

"You overhear conversations all the time, Anika, admit it already."

"I can't help if some words fall into my ears when I am walking by." Anika spoke in her defense.

"That can happen to others too. Leave that aside. How am I the cause of your problems?"

Anika rolled her eyes. "Because ever since I have met you, things always go wrong."

"Really? You're speaking for me, because ever since you've come into my life nothing happens normally in my life."

Anika folded her arms and stared back at him with narrowed eyes. "Ulta chor kotwal ko daate!"

"What?"

"Nevermind. Can you not waste my time? I have to learn how to wear a saare after this, I need to help Mim in the kitchen and Omkara wanted to talk to me. So let's go to Pari and talk to her. She seemed upset too."

Shivaay looked amused. "After you," he muttered extending his hand.

"But I thought you said we'll go together?" She asked, her eyebrows curving deeply.