Zora Idealex Reader || Through It All

Start from the beginning

   "Ill always be by your side." Is my promise to him before I bring him into another tender kiss.

   We decide to separate from each other to train and meet again in a year at this very house, as our Magics were too different to attempt to master them together- his offensive ash magic already equipped with a spell that reverses your attack at double power was a clash with my healing based music magic- or so I'd assumed since I only had a healing hymn spell and a power enhancement spell at the time.

   It was a tearful 'see you later' the next week as we went our separate ways with one final embrace.

   "You better not die or get arrested." I warn him in a tearful and weak voice.

   "The same to you, buttercup." A nickname he'd adapted for me. He turns and begins to walk and I do the same.

𑁍

   "Zora. Let's get him already." I push my fiddle with me eyeband which matches Zora's face mask, pushing it into a more comfortable position atop my nose and say quietly from my spot beside the red haired mage. We were both 23 and at this time and very focused on getting rid of fuckers like the one in front of us - a so called knight who seemed to be around 30 (a Purple Orca at that) who is abusing his power and making the women of the village he was told to patrol do "favors" as payment for his protection. He currently has a woman around my age in his tight grip and she's begging to be released so she can go to her boyfriend back at her home. All in broad daylight on a busy street. No one helps the woman of course, as they're afraid of what might happen, and keeps walking past with side glances and worried eyes.

   "Yeah yeah, start your song already." Zora leaves a quick affectionate on my head as he always has- his way of saying stay safe I assumed- before we both stand and make our way towards the knight.

   "Note Magic: Hypnosis" I say and simple hums begin to sound around the area caused by me and everyone But the four of us (The knight, the woman, Zora, and I) is blocked out from the fight by an invisible barrier of sorts. It's a simple hypnosis spell that alters the minds of those who hear it to do what you would like at that moment, but it lasts only 15 minutes as of now.

   Zora begins his fight with the knight.  Not that it can really be called much of a fight since it's just Zora practically curb stomping the man. His exposed muscles flex with every punch and his wicked looking mask shifts up in a sinister smile. A terrifying last image to others , but a fond one to him as his father made this masked character for Zora during his childhood.

   When the knight was passed out and his blood was scattered on the concrete, Zora stopped. The man would surely be dead soon, Zora likes to let them feel pain in their last moments.

   "Are you okay?" I bend to ask the woman who watched the whole thing in fear and reach my hand out to help her stand. She flinches and scoots away a bit from my extended hand.

   "Anyways..." I drop my hand, " You should get to your boyfriend now." I stand straight and turn my head to face the masked criminal with me. "We won't hurt you. We seek justice on those who try to hurt commons folk." I smile. She nods and with a quick thank you, she turns away from us and runs.

   "Note Magic: Alter" I say and follow it with a sharp whistle. The girl staggers in her steps for a moment and then continues to run with no memories of the fight she witnessed, just that a knight attempted to hurt her, but she managed to escape after she stepped on his foot.

   "[Y/N]-" Zora is interrupted from his attempt to pull me closer to him by a clap.

   "That was a good fight." A burly man appears from the shadows of an ally with a cigarette hanging from his lips. Zora jumps in front of me and is ready to attack, while I get in a defensive with my grimoire ready. We both notice the cape he adorns, a symbol of a magic knight.

   "Who are you and what do you want?" Zora questions with his grimoire opens beside him. The man throws his hands up in a surrender motion and leaves his grimoire in its holding belt.

   "No fight. Name's Yami. Just wanted to ask you two to join my squad." The man reaches into the air and a dark void appears, suddenly there are two cloaks that match his in his hand.

   "What the hell...? You're not tryna arrest us? We just beat a knight up and you watched." Zora is skeptical, so am I.

   "No. He was doing shitty business." The man- Yami- shrugs. "Anyways, I'm the captain of the newly formed Black Bulls. I'm not royal, or even from here. I want my squad to be a symbol of me." He bring one of his hands to remove the cigarettes do exhale before putting it back in. "You don't have to come now, but I'll keep the offer open. Here. Also, don't worry about this guy. I'll clean him up." He tosses the capes to us and turns away.

   "Let's go." Zora says and he grabs my hand to pull me away from the scene.

   "He wasn't lying." I say after we put distance between us and Yami.

   "I know. Let's just go." He grumbles and we make our way to the little clearing with a small abandoned home that we claimed as our own for now.

"[Nickname], let's wait on that offer." Is the first thing he says to me after we get inside. I watch as he slips his mask off to reveal his well sculpted face and pink lips and removes his shoulder harness, throwing it and the magic knight robe onto the couch where I placed mine the second we came in.

"I'm fine with that. I don't want to join a knights squad now... or ever really. But if you decide to one day you know I'll go with you." I smile and remove my eyeband to show the sincerity of my words via eye contact. He closes our distance and leaves a gentle kiss on my forehead before untying my cloak foe me and throwing it to join the robes and his harness on the couch. I'm left in my vibrant red shorts and matching cropped top.

I move to hug the man I've grown to love. I loved the moments I was able to have alone with him, because we could be ourselves, a couple of 23 year olds who've been together their whole lives. I loved being the only one who could see Zora in a state like this- a domestic and wholesome view. It's almost like we're not notorious criminals who borderline kill nobles on a regular basis.

His arms wrap around my shoulders and pull me closer. I feel the familiar weight of his head on mine and nuzzle myself in his neck, leaving a small kiss while I embrace his natural eucalyptus scent.

"I just want the best for us." I say after a moment and lean back to see his tired azure eyes already looking for my bright [e/c] ones.

"I know. There's a lot to factor in there though. But I'm pretty sure we'll end up in that crazy man's squad though." He lets a sigh out before separating from our hug to drag me into our room.

"What's wrong?" I tighten my hold on his hand the slightest bit as we walk.

"Nothing. Just wanna wash and sleep." He looks back to me as he opens the door to our room and continues to our bathroom. "We can finish this talk when we wake up tomorrow."

~
A/N: I think Zora would be such a protective and thoughtful lover 👉🏾👈🏾 always willing to risk himself for you. Anyways,,, I hope you guys enjoyed this ! As always, comments are appreciated and requests are open (go to the first chapter to read how to put a request in).