EASTER BUNNIES AND DRAMA

"Bold" : Eavesdropped text

《☆°☆°☆°》

Apollo loved drama-he was the god of arts after all-and a dramatic entrance was what his best friend was aiming for as they stood before the front door of the Salvatore boarding house, eavesdropping on a rather amusing conversation.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I have picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true-" They heard as Rose started, "It's the problem with all the vampire crap but Klaus, I know he is real."

"She would know, wouldn't she?" Perseus said amused, an unusual cruel glint in his eyes. She betrayed his family, after all, something none of them could forgive. "Running for 500 years must be tiring,-" he mused "-I still don't know why they were running at all, it's not as if Nik cared about them enough to actively search them after a few decades."

Apollo shared his lover's amusement. ' Mortals, how very like them to be so consumed in fear that they forgo their common sense.'

"Who is he?" the doppelganger asked with a hint of fear in her voice.

'Good, she should be worried.'

"He's one of the originals, he is a legend." Damon answered.

'Legend? Nik's ego would have inflated further if he was here.'

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan added.

"Like Elijah?" Elena asked.

"No." Rose denied it, Apollo raised an eyebrow. "Elijah was the Easter bunny-"

Apollo was shaking with the effort to control his laughter, lest they give away their positions, one look at his right, Perseus was not fairing any better.

"-compared to Klaus he is a foot soldier."

By now they had to hold each other in order to not fall down.

'Looks like Elijah's quest to search for Nik's redemption had some bad effects on his reputation. He should have known better than to play the advisor card.'

"Klaus is the real deal." Rose finished.

'Thank father, Nik is not here.'

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan said.

"So he wishes." Percy scoffed, his voice laced with mirth.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?"

'They would be lucky if that was true, Finn was a gentle soul. Well, as gentle as a berserker could be.'

"Yes," Rose said bluntly.

"No," Stefan said trying to console his lady love.

'Being optimistic will not help you, love.'

"What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..." Damon trailed off waiting for Rose to complete his sentence.

"Which it is." Rose stated confidently.

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you." Damon added a little threatening edge in his voice.

"Which I am not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe."

Denial is an unattractive trait, darling.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right?" Stefan said. "So no one else even knows that you exist."

Perseus smirked.

"Not that you know of." Rose corrected.

'Atleast, one of them uses their brain.'

"That's not helping." Damon said.

'It wasn't meant to.'

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him-" Stefan said.

'If only you knew.'

"I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all, we know he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story."

"He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot." Rose said.

"Alright, we're shaking. You made your point." Damon sniped sarcastically.

The two gods meet each other's eyes.

"You would be shaking soon, darling." Perseus said.

Apollo grinned with teeth.

'Let the game begin'

They vanished in a flash of light.

****

Rose has lived for a long time, she has seen truth change into myths, and witnessed firsthand the cruelty of her species.

Oh how she wished she had never met them, never betrayed them.

Mikaelsons.

It was the name whispered in dark corners and alleys. The whole supernatural world-or at least the smart ones-knew not to cross the originators of vampires, to not cross their godly brother.

The Destroyer, The Berserker, The Noble One, The King, The Willy Fox, The Princess, and The Immortal Witch.

Feared, revered, and worshipped.

Rose had seen each of them, a fraction of their power and their love for each other. She has been in love with one too.

She knew intimately what it meant to stand with them and against them.

And now she was standing frozen in horror in the face of her worst nightmare. Her last remaining family dead.

Oh, how she hoped she hadn't betrayed her Henri.

《°☆°☆°☆°》

Hello darlings

Short update, I know, this may be edited or extended in the future....

This draft was saved for quite some time so I uploaded it.

Reviews are love

(***)