ELIJAH

Elijah was not pleased. He could have after all utilized his precious time in planning Niklaus' freedom in the name of family or reading a delightful book. Perhaps former more than latter, but that was beside the point of his venture in this distasteful house—if we could claim it one at all—because of a phone call made by a somewhat surprising source, that being something Elijah loathed, a betrayer. It was the opposite of what the noble original saw himself as.

Rose and Trevor have always been a sour topic for both him and his half-brother. It tempted him to just end their miserable existence once and for all, but then they actually might have something useful. Or why would they call the very person they were running from?

Elijah fixed his hair and suit once—they are quite important—and stepped into the foyer.

There she shows up, and Elijah smirks at the expression on her face. Perfect, she should be intimidated, he thought.

"Rose-Marie," Elijah said, glancing around the house with an aloof expression showing no aversion he was feeling.

"Is there somewhere we can talk?"

Rose keeps her face blank, but Elijah heard her fast heartbeat, she was trying hard not to run at the sight of him.

"Yes, in here", she gestured inside the house. "You have to forgive the house"

"Oh, no" Elijah mocks even though he knows she won't pick up the undertone.

" What's a little dirt?"

lie, it shows him she was so scared of him she didn't settle down and kept skipping from dumpster to dumpster

"I completely understand,—"

No, he doesn't.

"—So, tell me, what is it that gives you the courage to call me?"

Exactly what he wishes to learn.

"I wanted my freedom—"

bold of her.

"—I am tired of running,"

good.

"You in position to grant me?" she demands, bravely the noble original admits.

No, he never was, but she doesn't have to know it.

"I have complete authority to grant pardon to you and your little pet—"

lie

"What his name these days? Trevor. If I so see fit" Elijah relished at the sound of her quickening heartbeat.

"Katerina Petrova?" Rose states anxiously, with a touch of triumph in her eyes as Elijah straightens, a serious expression replacing his nonchalant bored one.

"I'm listening," Elijah said.

"She didn't burn in the church in 1864"

That was an unhappy surprise. He would have gladly burned the tomb with her.

"Continue" Elijah urged.

"She survived."

He gathered.

"Where is she?"

The main question.

"You don't seem surprised by this." Rose declared, looking rather surprised.

"Oh, when you called and invited me into this armpit of civilization—"

He was waiting to say that for quite some time.