Astrid's diary

Começar do início

"Why on earth would I keep a diary in your hut?" She chuckled as she continued writing.

"Okay, fair point. So, what is it?"

"It's just a journal." She told him. "About our adventures at Dragon's Edge."

"So, you don't have a diary?" Hiccup smirked, knowingly. He had caught her writing in her diary before. She hid it so fast when he walked into the room that it couldn't possibly have been anything else.

"Maybe." She admitted, nervously. "But, it's kept in a stronghold, guarded by a flock of Titan wing Nadders." She fibbed.

"Of course." Hiccup nodded. Both let out a chuckle.

***

The next morning, Astrid and Hiccup woke up a little later than usual. They made their way to the clubhouse, sincerely hoping that their friends weren't too suspicious. They were just approaching the entrance when Astrid heard Snotlout saying something strangely familiar.

'Dear Diary. You won't believe the day I had yesterday. I think it's fair to say, I hate storms!'

Astrid paused for a moment, pulling Hiccup back. She listened intently, making sure she was hearing correctly.

"Snotlout. I really don't think-" Fishlegs was cut off.

'I trained the Triple Stryke, finally. So I guess it wasn't all bad.'

Astrid gasped before rushing into the clubhouse and lunging at the short, stocky Viking who was holding, you guessed it, Astrid's diary.

"SNOTLOUT?!" Her voice echoed as if there was an adolescent Thunderdrum nearby.

"AH!" He yelped as he tossed the notebook to Ruffnut, who continued reading.

'We have been working with Sleuther for weeks now but nothing seemed to work. Look's like being blind actually came in handy.'

Astrid chased Ruffnut around the room. The female Thorston tossed the book to her brother who began reading. In his head.

"Ugh, so cheesy. Who writes this stuff?" He groaned.

"Give me that!" Snotlout snatched the diary from Tuffnut.

'Dear Diary. Best day ever.'

"Wait, what?!" Snotlout gasped as he read on. Ruff and Tuff rushed over to see what he had read. Even Fishlegs was curious enough to venture over.

*Punch*

Hiccup grabbed the notebook from, a now unconscious, Snotlout, handing it back to its rightful owner. Astrid clutched it tightly against her chest and scowled at the group who were all staring at her with wide eyes.

"Thor's mighty hammer..." Tuffnut whispered to his sister, still focusing his gaze on Astrid.

"Am I missing something here?" Hiccup wondered. He was interrupted when Snotlout finally sat up from the ground.

"Stay down, if you know what's good for you!" Astrid growled. She grabbed Hiccup by the arm and dragged him back to her hut, not wanting to deal with everyone right now.

***

"Astrid? What was that all about?" Hiccup asked as he closed her door behind him.

"Nothing. Just forget it." She dodged as she placed her notebook back in the 'Nadder guarded stronghold' also known as, under her pillow.

"Okay." Hiccup sighed. Though he longed to know what the riders saw, he was respectful enough not to push. Astrid loved that about him.

She sauntered over to Hiccup and grabbed him by the shirt, pulling him along until her legs hit the foot of her bed. After kicking off her armored skirt, she crashed their lips together and pulled him over her as she backed onto the bed behind her. Hiccup broke the kiss just moments later. He gazed down at the Goddess that was Astrid, getting lost in her ocean blue eyes.

"I love you, Astrid Hofferson." He whispered, nervously. She froze in shock for a split second before smiling up at him, though she didn't say a word. She reached her hand behind her pillow and pulled out the diary she had placed there, moments before, handing it to him. He was confused for a moment but after receiving her nod of consent, proceeded to open the book.

'Dear Diary. Best day ever. My head is spinning at the mere thought of what I'm about to tell you. But, I need to get it off my chest.

I think I'm in love with Hiccup.

I guess I've known for a while. I was just too afraid to admit it.'

Hiccup smiled as he read his girlfriend's words on the page.

'I still get butterflies when he calls my name. Even more so when he calls me 'Milady'. It's so cheesy. But so, Hiccup. His goofy grin makes my heart melt. The way he pokes his tongue out when he's focusing so intently.'

Upon reading those words, Hiccup realized he was doing so right now and immediately tucked his tongue away. But it soon made its way back out again.

'The way he throws his arms around so dramatically when he talks. The way his nose scrunches up when he giggles. The way he held me close during the storm, until I fell asleep. The way he always takes care of me and puts my safety above all else. The way he works so hard, he falls asleep at his desk. The way he speaks so passionately about all things dragon. The way his freckles remind me of the stars and his eyes glisten in the moonlight. I can't believe I didn't realize it sooner.'

Hiccup was grinning from ear to ear. He had no idea Astrid was such a romantic, but it only made her even more irresistible. If that was at all possible.

'Even Heather knew I loved him before I did. Sure, I've had a crush on him since we were fifteen. And I've kissed him five times since then. But this time was different. This time, he kissed me back, and every second was perfect. Now, we're closer than ever. And I get to see a whole new side to Hiccup Haddock. Turns out, there's so much more to know about Hiccup. And I'm gonna learn it all!'

Hiccup turned the page to see the most beautiful sketch of the two of them.

He closed the book, fighting back a tear, and looked towards the perfection that was sitting beside him, rubbing her arm, nervously

He closed the book, fighting back a tear, and looked towards the perfection that was sitting beside him, rubbing her arm, nervously. Before she could blink, his lips were locked onto hers.

"Class is in session." He chuckled.

***