Daisy chain

Set just before HTTYD 2. Prepare for some Hiccstrid cuteness. x

Requests are welcome x

Hope you enjoy :)

***

Hiccup and Astrid stood on a sea stack looking out over the newly discovered island they had stumbled upon. Astrid enjoyed joining her boyfriend on his little adventures. She loved how his face lit up at the mere excitement of discovering new things. Be it islands, dragons, or entire civilizations.

"Look's like we found another one, Bud." He said to his dragon, as he did every time they discovered new lands. 

"What are you gonna call this one?" Astrid wondered. Hiccup pulled his map from under his armored chest plate and opened it out on the grassy ground. Astrid sat herself on the left of the map.

"Why don't you choose?" He offered as he began drawing the moon-shaped cluster of islands. Astrid watched him for a moment, she held back a giggle when his tongue poked out of the side of his mouth in concentration. He really was a terrific artist.

"How about Crescent Island?" She suggested.

"Perfect. Crescent Island it is." Hiccup continued drawing every Island and every sea stack as far as the eye could see.

Twenty minutes passed and he looked up at Astrid, who had become unusually quiet, to see her carefully connecting some rather small flowers together.

He giggled when he noticed a garland of daisies wrapped around her head, hiding her kransen beneath.

"What?" She asked curiously, completely forgetting about the flowery crown. 

"Nothing." He smirked. "It's just... You're a girl. Who knew?" He chuckled, teasingly.

He braced himself for a punch, he was certain he would be receiving. He closed his eyes in preparation.

"And now..." Astrid placed the second flower crown on Hiccup's head. "You are too." She giggled. 

Toothless let out a chuckle from the other side of the sea stack, Stormfly soon joined in. Hiccup turned to his dragon and glared. 

"What are you looking at?" This only made the dragons chuckle harder. 

"Don't worry, Toothless. I didn't forget you." Astrid smirked as she began making a third chain. The Night Fury's face dropped. He let out a small huff.

"I never had you pegged as a flower girl." Hiccup raised an eyebrow.

"Hiccup, you know I love flowers." She reminded.

"No, I knew you loved roses." He corrected.

"And what are roses?" She teased.

"Flowers." Hiccup sighed in defeat.

Astrid rolled her eyes playfully before whistling Stormfly. The Nadder rushed over, taking the daisy chain from her rider before chasing down Toothless. She finally caught up with him, not that it was hard, Toothless couldn't fly and the sea stack wasn't that large. She managed to place the flower crown on the Night Fury's head, which he shook ferociously to get it off. He glared at Astrid as it fell to the ground. Astrid pouted innocently. Toothless rolled his eyes, letting out a small huff before placing the crown back on his head. Hiccup, Astrid, and Stormfly all chuckled. Toothless began chasing the Nadder. 

"How do you know how to do that, anyway?" Hiccup wondered. 

"Heather taught me." She explained. "Back at the Edge."

"You mean when you used to sneak off together to talk about boys?" Hiccup smirked knowingly.

"Wait what?!" Astrid gasped as Hiccup handed her another flower.

"Yeah, you know..." Hiccup continued. "The unassuming, heroic, dragon rider type." 

Astrid froze.

"You..." Astrid blushed. Hiccup nodded, smirking mischievously. He yelped as Astrid's fist collided with his arm. "You knew that whole time that I liked you. And you never said anything?" 

"Well, it's a little more complicated than that." He chuckled nervously as his hand found its way into the back of his messy auburn hair.

"So you knew I liked you. But, it took you nearly a year to kiss me?"

"Like I said. It had to be perfect." He reminded. "Like this." He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer, she tumbled over him and giggled, now laying above him. The vibration made him chuckle. He gently swept the bangs from her face before reaching down to grab the daisy from her hand, tucking it behind her ear. 

Astrid blushed profusely. Hiccup cupped her cheek. He slowly began to lean in.

"Haddock." She grasped a fistful of his shirt. "You take far too long." She pulled their lips together impatiently. The dragons averted their eyes. Astrid's hands made their way into Hiccup's messy auburn locks and grasped tightly as his hands made their way to her waist, pulling her impossibly close.

"Yes, Ma'am."

***