... For the One We Love

Request are welcome x

Hope you enjoy :)

***

Hiccup swung round, his eyes open wide. Snotlout and the twins stared at the stocky blonde in confusion.

"What do you mean they're gone?!"

"Heather and I found Astrid on the north side of the island and she was acting a little... well, not herself," Fishlegs explained.

"What do you mean 'not herself'?!"

"She seemed a little upset. Actually, she seemed really upset. Heather stayed to have a talk with her and now I can't find either of them, anywhere!"

"You said they were on the north side of the island. Show me!" Hiccup ordered in the sternest voice he could muster in an attempt to drown out the sound of panic.

***

Fishlegs led Hiccup to the beach where he had last seen the female riders. Hiccup noticed a chest, stationed by a tree. Fishlegs recognized the trunk and immediately began searching through the papers until he noticed some things missing.

"Uh, Hiccup..."

***

Hiccup was pacing back and forth across the clubhouse, making Snotlout dizzy as Fishlegs tried to figure out what was missing from his trunk.

Hours passed and still nothing.

Suddenly, Hiccup heard an unmistakable squawk.

"Stormfly?!" He gasped as his girlfriend's dragon landed outside the clubhouse, no Astrid in sight.

Heather landed Windshear close behind the distressed Nadder, with Astrid in her arms.

Hiccup noticed his girlfriend, battered, bruised, and burned.

"Astrid?!" He raced to take her from Heather, carrying her to the clubhouse as she wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist, burying her face into his shoulder. She was perfectly capable of walking, but she was enjoying his company, finally. She winced in pain as he sat her on the table in the clubhouse and began checking for any serious injuries. "Are you okay?! What happened?!"

"I'm fine, Hiccup." She fibbed, holding his shoulders. "A little sore, but I'll be fine."

"Where were you?" He enquired.

"I just had to take care of something." Astrid dodged.

"You go missing for seven hours, come back covered in burns and blood and bruises and that's the best you got?" Hiccup started waving his arms around dramatically. He turned to his girlfriend's raven-haired partner in crime. "Heather?"

Heather shook her head.

"This is between you two." She grabbed Fishlegs' hand and dragged him out of the clubhouse, grasping Snotlout by the shirt on the way out, leaving the young couple alone.

"Astrid?" Hiccup raised a brow at the young blonde.

She looked away, letting a tear escape.

"Hey..." He gently cupped her cheek, turning her head back to him, wiping the tear away with his thumb. She leaned into his touch and refused to open her eyes. "...Let's get you to bed." He sighed in defeat. Astrid nodded.

Hiccup led Astrid to his hut and tucked her into his bed, kissing her forehead, before turning to leave.

"Hiccup..." She whispered, childishly. She felt pathetic but apparently making him think she needed looking after was the only way to get him to stay.

"Yeah?" He spun back to face her.

"Where are you going?"

"Astrid, Johann is still out there. We can't let him find the King of Dragons. We have no idea how many lenses he already has." Hiccup explained

"Hiccup..." Astrid reached behind her and grabbed her saddlebag, throwing it to her boyfriend. "Johann doesn't have any lenses."

Hiccup looked in the bag to find it filled with Dragon Eye lenses. "Astrid, how did you-"

"Remember when Gruffnut faked the Thorston trials. Well, Tuffnut kept the Changewing skin, so I used that to sneak into the Hunter base."

"And you got caught?" Hiccup asked.

"Actually no." Astrid corrected. Hiccup looked at her in confusion.

"Then how did you get hurt." He wondered.

"Getting this." She threw another lens his way. "Lens number four, I believe."

"How-... What-... Where?" Hiccup stuttered in disbelief.

"Eel Island."

"Please don't tell me you took on a Typhoomerang by yourself," Hiccup begged. Astrid looked away nervously.

"Actually it was... three Typhoomerangs." She mumbled.

"Three?!" Hiccup gasped. Astrid nodded. "Astrid, why?!"

"Hiccup, I'm really tired. Can we please just sleep?" She pleaded, lifting the blanket beside her and patting the bed. Hiccup sighed but soon joined her. He tucked himself under the blanket and wrapped his arm around her and she nuzzled her face into the crook of his neck, draping her arm over his abdomen.

"Astrid..." He whispered, stroking her hair softly.

"Uh-huh?" She said sleepily.

"You did all that just to get me to take a break?" He smiled down at her as she backed away to look him in the eye.

"Yup."

"Why?" He asked as if she needed a reason.

"Hiccup, you're exhausted." She explained. "And... I wanted my boyfriend back." She added.

"Oh, gods." Hiccup realized. "I'm so sorry. I've not been the best boyfriend, lately-" He was hushed by Astrid's finger on his lips.

"Shhh. Hiccup, you're the best boyfriend." She reassured. "I know how important your work is. I just wish you would let me help, and be a part of it."

"I will, from now on. I promise." He leaned in to kiss her softly.

She hissed as his hand landed on her bruised hip, breaking the kiss.

"Sorry. I still can't believe you took on three Typhoomerangs." Hiccup stated. Astrid smiled at him before pulling him back into the kiss, though this time, more passionate than before.

"I do it again in a heartbeat."

***