Zephyr's First Snoggletog

"A little higher." Hiccup called to two Vikings who were both standing on dangerously high ladders, hanging decorations. "Little to the left. Perfect!"

"Looking good, Babe," Astrid noted as she approached the chief with a bundle of cuteness in her arms.

"Hey, Sweetie." He placed a quick kiss on Astrid's forehead. "Hey, other Sweetie." He placed a kiss on his daughter's head.

"Here," Astrid passed her daughter over. "She's been crying for you all day long."

"Aww, sorry princess." He cried. "Astrid, you didn't try to feed her Yaknog again did you?"

"She loves it!" Astrid insisted.

"You know, we should really talk about that." Hiccup suggested as he tickled his daughter mercilessly, earning the most adorable giggles. "How's everything going on your end?" He asked his wife.

"Your mother is collecting Cod and Chicken for the dragons. Gobber is working on Zephyr's helmet. And the twins are-"

Suddenly a loud crash echoed from the Thorston house and the twins ran screaming from the building.

"-breaking out of their chains." Astrid finished.

"You chained them up?!" Hiccup shrieked.

"Trust me, it's safer for everyone," Astrid smirked.

"Yeah, okay. Good point." Hiccup sighed.

"Hey, Chief." Snotlout called. "We could really use your help over at the great hall. Tuffnut's marching around protesting about the menu."

"I think this may be a job for Astrid." Hiccup suggested. "I'll take Zeph and meet back at the house to get ready for the party."

***

A few hours later Astrid emerged dropping a set of keys on Hiccup's desk.

"He was protesting about us serving chicken at the party." Astrid chuckled.

"You tied him up again didn't you?" Hiccup asked.

"Just his hands," Astrid admitted. "This is Zeph's first Snoggletog. We don't need anything blowing up."

"Good point." Hiccup thought. "We should get ready for the party?"

"Right, the party can't start without you." Astrid realized.

***

"Everybody ready?" Hiccup asked as he wandered into the bedroom, finding Astrid in her most formal outfit. She was huddled over the bed, still getting their crying daughter ready.

"Almost," Astrid told him. "Could you pass me the box on the dresser?" She requested.

He did as asked, handing her the small box before grabbing another from the nightstand. Zephyr continued crying profusely. For no reason in particular.

Hiccup sat on the bed behind her and opened the box.

"I wasn't gonna give you this until morning. But, here you go, princess." He said as he pulled a small stuffed toy from the box.

"You're giving Zeph your Nadder?" Astrid wondered.

"Well, I don't need him anymore. Maybe she does." He explained as he smiled down at his baby girl. Zephyr grasped the Nadder and held him close. "Happy Snoggletog, Zeph."

Astrid let out a small chuckle, opening the other box. She pulled out a small leather band and placed it on Zephyr's incredibly small head.

"Aww, your first Kransen?" Hiccup smiled.

"I wanted to give it to her weeks ago, but it didn't quite fit." She stated. "I blame you."

"Wha- can I help being small?!" He defended.

"Yes." She joked. "I blame it on all your Hiccup-ness." She said, scooping her daughter in her arms.

"Hiccup-ness? Really? Come on, Astrid. You're better than that." Hiccup declared, placing a gentle kiss on her lips. Astrid hummed contently.

"We should get to the party." She whispered.

"We can be late." Hiccup smirked.

"Hiccup, you're the chief." She stated.

"Exactly." He agreed. "Like you said, they can't start the party without us. We won't miss anything."

Astrid tugged his shirt and crashed their lips together for a brief moment before dragging him out of the room and down the stairs. She threw the door open to find Tuffnut darting across the village.

"What?!" Hiccup gasped. "How in Thor's name did he get out of those chains?"

"I'M FREE! I'M FREE!" Tuff cheered.

"He won't be for long," Astrid smirked, she handed her daughter to her husband, placed a gentle kiss on her cheek, then Hiccup's, and raced after Tuffnut. Ruffnut followed close behind.

"Tuff, look out!" She warned her brother.

Tuffnut dared to look back to see Astrid catching up fast.

"FREEDOM!!!" He cried, throwing his hands in the air.

Hiccup couldn't help but chuckle as Fishlegs and Snotlout joined in the chase.

"Somethings never change." He chuckled. "You know, Zeph. You would be so lucky to have friends like them."

***