Dad looked at me with a smile on his face, he got a card from his pocket then handed it to me along the box, " happy birthday!"

I took it from him with a smile, "can I open it.", dad chuckled, "of course, you can."

I opened it to find a cute amazing earth shape necklace.

Then I looked at the card and read it.

'To my beautiful daughter,

        Never forget that I love you princess. If I could give you one thing in this world, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes. Only then you would realise how special you are to me.

                                              Love, dad'

After I have finished reading I looked up at dad to find him looking at me nervously, "do you like it?" Dad asked.

"I love it!!!" I said as I threw my hands around his neck in a hug, "thank you dad! thank you!! you're the best!"

"You are welcome." Dad said with a smile.

I handed him the necklace then turned around for him to be able to put the necklace around my neck, so he did so.

I laced my hand on necklace looking at mirror on the counter admiring how it looks around my neck.

Dad thanked the man then we made our way back home. When we entered the house we were greeted by Harley, "heyyy! happy birthday Hazel!!" she said as she launched herself on me.

"Thank you Harley." I said smiling at her.

"Hey dad, how are you doing?" she asked looking at dad.

"I am doing well, what about you? How was your morning?"

"It was fine, what flavours have you got for the cake?!" she asked excited.

"chocolate and caramel." Dad answered her.

"Yess!! Yesss!!! chocolate, we have got chocolate cake for tonight!!!"
She squealed getting even more excited.

I spend the rest of the day watching movies with Harley until the time of celebrating came.

We started singing, "happy birthday….. happy birthday hazel, Happy birthday………." They sang for me while I stood there smiling, couldn't be more happy or grateful.

"make a wish princess." My dad said as his voice started to fade, I was looking at the cake with 16th candle on it.

I looked at him, harley my mother and at her baby bumb then I closed my eyes and wished that we all live an endless happy life together.

But I felt heavy on my heart, I couldn't keep smiling nor to be happy anymore.

I opened my eyes to find my 24th birthday candle are already blown off, they looked dull, then I looked up to find no one except dad and joshua, I searched for my mum and Harley but I couldn't find them.

Where are they? Where is my 16th candles? Why I am not wearing my floral dress anymore? Why am I wearing a black dress instead?

I closed my eyes again hoping this time that I will find mum and Harley when I open them.

But when I opened them, I found my self on my room, I took on my surroundings that's when I realised that I was dreaming that dream again, I dream of them every year when my birthday is approaching.

Every year since my 18th birthday passed without having both of them around, I looked at the window beside me, I frowned as it was still dark outside.

I searched for my phone on the nightstand, I unlocked it to look at the clock to find it 4 am.

I groaned as I haven't been sleeping well for three days now.

I stood up and went down to the kitchen to drink anything, I need caffeine to help keep me awake the rest of the day.

I took the coffee and made my way back to my room.

I turned on the lights, then went to sit on the bed, I put the coffee beside me on the nightstand.

I gasped as I looked at myself in the mirror which is infront of my bed, I am not exaggerating but I really look horrible, my dark circles and eye bags.

But what was I expecting after not sleeping for three consecutive days, I sighed in frustration as I rubbed my palms on my face.

The last two days I couldn't sleep as I was thinking about Ace and our meeting since then I haven't been sleeping and when I slept two hours ago, here I am awake sitting on the bed because of that dream.

And also I still don't know what should I do with Ace, but what I know that I need to meet him, I need to talk to him, maybe to be near him.

I don't know why? But what I know that I am texting him, so when he wake up he will see it and maybe we can meet today.

I texted asking if we could meet today, then I locked my phone and put it beside me on the bed and rested my back against the headboard.

After a few seconds I got a notification on the mobile, I looked at it to find that it is a text from Ace, I frowned as I opened it, why is he awake? What is he doing in that time? Has he even slept?

Ace: of course, what time do you wanna meet?

Hazel: now.

*********************

Hey guys! How are you doing?

What do you think about the chapter? 

If you enjoyed it, please don't forget to vote, comment, and share.