The Expedition

Happy Easter! I hope you enjoy this chapter.

,

POV/ARMIN

The sun blared down on them as they came up to the gate of Karanes district, the Scouts stood before the wall all on horseback and as usual, many citizens had come out to see them off. Around him were the Scouts he and Eren looked up too and now they stood and fought among them.

Commander Erwin led from the front, beside him were the other squad leaders and Captain Levi who rode his black stallion, which happened to be the only black horse in the Scouts. Levi had been given it just as Erwin had got the white mare but unlike Levi's mount, it was tradition for the Commander to ride a white steed.

"COMMANDER!" The shout came from atop the wall, where a dozen members of the Garrison sat.

"WE'RE ALMOST READY! WE LED THE TITAN'S SOME DISTANCE AWAY! THIRTY SECONDS TILL THE GATE OPENS!" He called down. Erwin made no reply.

The countdown began. Thirty seconds till they leave the walls, thirty seconds till they venture into Titan territory, where thousands had perished trying to push back the Titans in a never-ending war.

"THIS IS IT!" This time the shout came from Gunther of Levi squad. Gunther was up ahead, next to his squadmates who were all silent.

"NOW THE HUMAN RACE TAKES ANOTHER STEP FORWARD!!" SHOW ME WHAT YOU'VE LEARNED!" Gunther shouted, raising his blade.

Around him, the newly made Scouts shouted in unison, their voices filling the streets.

The gate opened revealing the abounded town which lay ahead of them, filled with countless Titans.

"ADVANCE!" Erwin screamed, charging forward. His shout was followed by the cries of the Scouts who charged forward after him, the people who came to see them off did not shout or scream, as they knew many who went out would not return.

The Scouts charged out the gate by the dozens, their horses moved swiftly passing houses with ease, and were unfazed by the sudden shaking of the ground, as a Titan ran towards them.

Its eyes filled gleamed red with bloodlust as it ran at them, the support team followed it, their blades at the ready.

Just as the Titan neared them, the support team engaged the Titan, the Titan thrashed wildly as the duo tried to kill it. Eyes filled with madness, it continued to swing its arms violently trying to kill the team.

Finally, one of the Scouts flew up to the sky and shot her grapples into the Titans head, he shot down at it and struck down on its nape, her blades cutting cleanly through its flesh.

It only took them a couple of minutes to leave the Titan-infested town, as soon as they left the town, they left the protection of the walls and Garrison, who didn't go further than the town which was once inhabited by several hundred civilians.

But after another couple minutes of riding, they once again stopped, this time to get into formation. The newly made formation had been made by Commander Erwin, after his promotion to Commander.

Named the long-distance enemy scouting formation, it allowed for the Scouts to avoid Titans with the use of flares. The red flare indicated that a mindless titan had been spotted and a black flare would mean an abnormal had been spotted. After the flare has been sent, the Commander would then fire a green flare and the formation would change direction, which would allow the regiment to avoid titans.

He, Mikasa, and the rest of their squad looked on as one of the Scouts explained where they would be in the formation.

"Your team is here," he told them, pointing at the map.