chapter five - the time was right

*TW-Sexual Assult*

Walking into the Great Hall the next morning, I walked straight over to Ron and our friends, diving in for a big side hug from Ron. Everyone looked confused as I then remembered we came back so late last night we hadn't had the chance to tell them.

'SUPRISEEEEE!' I laughed while Ginny and Hermione's faces were priceless as huge smiles crept along their faces, leaning over the table to hug me.

'WAY TO GO RON!' Harry gasped, patting Ron on the back as they laughed.

Ron turned around and planted a kiss on my forehead causing the group to make sarcastic sick faces and gag noises. Laughing at their anatics, I piled food onto my plate and enjoyed a chilled breakfast with my bestfriends and boyfriend.

While I was deep into a conversation about a muggle film with Ron and Ginny, I felt that same glare on the back of my neck, the same one I felt on the train. Malfoy. I slyly turned around to see him staring at me from the Slytherin table, ignoring whatever Pansy was trying to tell him and just staring deep at me. I turned back around visibly uncomfortable which luckily Ron noticed.

'Hey, you okay?' he whispered.

'Yeah um..Malfoy's staring at me, y'know, the same way he did before the incident on the train..'

'What.' he said with anger as he went to stand up, which I stopped him from doing.

'R-Ron, it's okay, I'm safe here and I doubt he'd do anything now.' I tried to reassure him but he didn't answer me, he just stayed silent.

'Ron?'

'What the fuck are you doing here Malfoy.' Ron spoke. I turned around quickly too see Draco standing behind us, with a sincere look in his eyes.

'Look, I-i don't want any trouble, I'm here to apologise.' he said quietly, which shocked not only me but everyone on the table.

I stood up and stared at him right in the eyes, arms crossed and anger boiling inside me.

'For what.'

'For what happene-, for what I did to you on the train. I'm sorry, I was hurting from not only you rejecting me still but some private family reasons. It isn't an excuse for what I did but I hope one day you can forgive me.' he gently said, some tears pooling in his eyes at the end.

'You got a lot of fucking nerve Malfo-' Ron started before I stopped him.

'It's okay, I forgive you.' I quietly spoke, giving him a reassuring look to which he smiled thankfully and walked away.

'Why, why did you forgive him?' Ron asked, holding my waist.

'I could see it in his eyes he meant it, I don't like holding grudges, everyone deserves a second chance okay?' I whispered. I've been through worse before if I'm being honest, my Father always treated me like shit and sometimes tried to take advantage of me but my Mother always stopped him before anything too bad happened, so just a bit of groping here and there, nothing I couldn't handle, so when Draco apologised I forgave him because at least he apologised, a lot more than my Father has ever done.

Ron said nothing and just hugged me, wrapping his arms around me and resting his chin on the top of my head. I hadn't told him about my Father just yet but I felt the time was right.

'Hey um, could I talk to you..alone..for a moment?' I asked, a lump forming in my throat at the thought of it all. He sensed my tone and emotion and nodded his head, leading me to the common room which was empty as everyone was either out or at breakfast.

-------------------------------------

'So I haven't told anyone what I'm about to tell you okay' I started, 'and I want you to promise me you won't get mad or anything.'

'Of course.'

And so I told him, everything. Tears were falling from my eyes which I foolishly tried to hide even though it was obvious they were there. As I finished explaining, he held the side of my face, wiped a tear off my cheek with his thumb, and kissed me on the forehead.

'I promise you with everything I am, I will never, ever, let anyone or anything hurt you, okay? You have my word.'

I nodded, my tears still falling.

'You are such a strong person love, do you know that? And why on earth would I get mad at you for telling me that, you never deserved any of it, no one does. I promise to you right now..' he began, holding my hands in his, a few tears forming in his eyes which he tried to blink away.

'I will never hurt you.'

That's when I brokedown in his arms. He craddled me and stroked my hair, reassuring me it was okay.

'And I will never hurt you.' I whispered as he rocked me.

We stayed there in each others company for a while, sitting in a comfortable silence. Harry, Ginny and Hermione walked in after around 10 minutes, and once they figured out the feeling in the room came rushing over.

'Shit Y/N are you okay?' Harry asked, worried, as he placed a hand on my back while Hermione and Ginny moved some of my hair out of my face.

I chose to explain to them what I told Ron, to which they looked at me calmly and hugged me.

'You're safe here N/N, always remember that.' Ginny spoke gently, Harry and Hermione agreeing with her with a nod.

'Thank you guys, thank you for being the bestest friends I could have asked for.'

They all jumped on me and engolfed me in a big group hug, making me laugh until my stomach hurt. We spent the rest of the day in the common room, playing games, eating sweets and dancing to music. Ginny offered to do my hair for me which I wasn't going to refuse while Ron offered to try and paint my nails.

'Now, I've never done it on anyone but Ginny before okay, and that was years ago.' he chuckled as he undid the lid to my black nail polish. I have to say, the boy did good.

'And voila!' he said, impressed with himself. I laughed and pulled him in for a kiss.

-------

At around 9:30pm we decided it would be a good time to go upstairs to chill before bed. The common room was empty but throughout the day had people in and out of it. Luna and Neville joined us earlier for around half an hour near lunch while Dean and Seamus stayed for a little bit near dinner time.

As we were making our way back to our dorms, saying goodnight to each other, I felt Ron's hand on my wrist.

'Wanna stay up a little longer?' he grinned. I looked over to Hermione and Ginny who nodded with cheeky smiles on their faces. I said goodnight to them and went back down to the common room with Ron. Harry already went into the boys dorm, not worried where Ron was as he was so tired and kept saying 'The Chosen One needs his beauty sleep okay'.

Once downstairs, Ron was already sat on one of the armchairs and so I went and sat on his lap, butterflies in my stomach.

'Hey' he whispered in his deep voice.

'hey' I replied, matching his whisper.

I don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight...