Chapter 30

(again sorry for more kaycee pov it just has to be done this way... not me listening to Can I be him for a large part of this 🥲. sorry but how I imagine devon might be inaccurate but he's hecking funny)

~kaycee pov~

I throw my night clothes into the wash basket, a sock breaking away from the pile and hitting the door of my wardrobe. I groan before running over and dropping it in there with the rest of the clothes. I charge around the my bed and straighten out the duvet and the pillows. Wow, I moved around a lot last night. I remember waking up in the middle of the night and I was stretched across the width of the bed, one of my legs almost hanging off the edge. I didn't even expect to wake up this late, I mean I didn't remember to set an alarm for the morning but I forgot I had to walk to the studio as well. I was hoping that Mom would drive me, but she was called into work early this morning at the gym. Grandad needed to borrow Dad for some jobs around his house. And Kylie hasn't been home since Thursday night: she's staying over at her friends house. I think they also had a photoshoot to do for KloverKinis, so I didn't expect her to be home anytime soon. I have tried texting Sean this morning but he hasn't replied, I'm guessing he is late too. 

I hear a knock on my door before Devon pops his head through the gap. 

"Hey little sis." he says.

"Hey Dev." 

"Have you got rehearsals today?" he asks, stepping through the doorway.

"Yup, but I am running late and I have to walk to the studio..." I trail off, hurrying around my room.

"I could drive you if you want!" he offers.

"Oh, no don't worry about it. I don't want to cause any trouble!" I reply.

"Honestly, it's fine! I'm going that way anyway as I need to meet with Jacob for work." he adds.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, we were just thinking of redesigning the office and he wanted my input on the interior. I mean we do work together on the whole estate agent business, but anything that he comes up with is going to be cool." he explains.

"Oh, thanks so much! That would be great." 

"Sick, shall we pick up Lew on the way?" he asks.

"Yeah, I would text him but he hasn't replied to any of my messages this morning. I mean, I'm sure it would be fine if we just turned up." I say. He shoots me a thumbs up before leaving the room and closing the door behind him. I grab my bag that is leaning against the wall before spraying some perfume on myself and heading out of my room. I charge down the stairs and head into the kitchen. Devon is standing at the counter on his phone. I grab a cereal bar out of one of the cupboards and stand in front of him.

"Ready?" he asks as he looks up at me. I nod before we walk up to the front door. Devon gets his keys out of his pocket and lets us out of the house before locking it. He unlocks the trunk and I sling my back in before shutting it and making my way around to the passenger seat. I slide in, Devon does the same, before we pull out of the driveway. 

"Oh Dev!"

"Yeah..." 

"I forgot to tell you guys, Sean and I are officially-"

"Dating?" he interrupts jokingly.

"No... dance partners." I finish.

"That's great! I like Sean, he's a good kid." Devon states.

"Yeah same." I say quietly. 

"No Kaycee, I like him. You love him. I mean I think everyone knows how much you want to kiss him." he teases.