Chapter 3

(sorry about the amount of dialogue in this one)

~sean pov~

I'm sweating, my breathing is detached.

"Woo!" Kaycee shouts, out of breath. I chuckle through my heavy breathing.

"You guys killed it!" Tricia says, standing over by the stereo. The music stops suddenly, as Kaycee and I collapse onto the floor. She holds out her hand to give me a high five. I laugh and give in before slapping my hand on the floor to keep me from falling over. That was an intense combo, plus I've never been to a class before.

"That was so fun," I say, still breathing heavily. Tricia moves to come and sit down on the floor with us.

"Kaycee, you were right." She says, looking over to Kaycee. Kaycee gives her a confused look before Tricia angles her head my way. Kaycee's expression changes into a big smile.

"What?" I ask with slight confusion in my voice.

"You're good. Scrap that, you're amazing! You picked up the choreo incredibly fast for someone who hasn't been to a class before, I was expecting to have to go through it a couple times. Your control is insane, and your freestyle! Don't even get me started on your freestyle: it's mad. It's terrifying how good you are when you haven't been trained properly." Tricia says to me. I shake my head, as I feel myself going red.

"Tric, we have one slight issue though." Kaycee says quietly. Tricia looks over at her, then looks back at me.

"Do you mind me saying Sean?" She asks me with a concerned tone. I shake my head and gesture for her to go on.

"Sean is having a few problems financially. In other words: he can't afford to attend classes weekly. That's why I brought him here for you to meet him first, I know he is talented but I hate that he can't afford it." Kaycee continues. Tricia looks over at me as I look to the floor.

"Okay, Sean. We are going to have to sort something out, aren't we? I want you in my classes, I can see here today that you have potential to make dance into your career. I will have to talk to your parents about the possibility of dance classes every weekend; I think they would want to know that some random woman is taking their child every weekend." She laughs.

I shake my head, "No, they can't know about it."

"Why's that? If you suddenly started disappearing in the evenings, they would probably wonder where you are."

"My parents need my help to get money in. I'm the only one old enough out of my siblings that can make some money for the family. I have two younger sisters, but neither of them are old enough. I don't know what they would think if I was taking time out of my job to dance. They don't even know that I dance while cleaning up the coffee shop. It's my only method of escape from my head and the outside world." I say.

"Okay, we won't tell them then. You said you have a job, what time do you normally finish?" Tricia replies, sounding unconfident.

"He finishes after I come back from evening classes. Everyday I go to the shop to get a coffee, Sean's always cleaning up by then. I go just before the shop shuts." Kayce says quietly.

"So that's why you are always in a rush to get out after class?" Tricia asks, raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah. We have been doing it for years. He always makes sure that if I'm late, to leave the door unlocked. But then last night, I saw him dancing because I left my bag by the register. That's why he's here today." Kaycee explains, studying the floor. Tricia smiles and chuckles a little.