Chapter 16

(I'm sorry about the last chapter... I lowkey feel bad but yk it had to happen. I did warn you tho so yeah lol. also there is one swear word in this, sorry! I was just sick of using "horrible", it sounds too formal lmao)

~kaycee pov~ 

I sit there, still digesting the conversation I had with Sean. I didn't expect for any of that to happen, and I really wish it hadn't. I hear a group of voices coming closer to where I am. The sound of them drowning out the voices in my head. They are laughing before one of them stops. I can see them looking into the alleyway with the hand across their friends, stopping them from moving any further. I don't dare look at them, so I keep my head down. One of them edges closer before crouching by my side. 

"Kayc? Is that you?" the voice says. It's a guys voice and I recognise it instantly. I move closer to him and wrap my arms around his waist, knocking him off balance slightly. I let myself go and start crying into his shirt.

"Oh no. Guys, it is Kaycee." he says sadly. He pats me on the back and kisses my hair. Three other people walk over and kneel down beside us.

"Ew. There's coffee here," a girl's voice says behind me, making me giggle slightly. 

"Kaycee, what's happened?" Josh asks, still holding me tight. I pull away from his shirt and turn to face Julian, Tahani and Bailey. I shift over and let my back rest on the wall before sniffing.

"Sean..." I make out before bursting into tears again.

"Oh sweetie, what's happened? Is he okay?" Tahani asks.

"I don't know T! I will never know anymore!" I shout.

"What do you mean Kayc?" Bailey asks calmly.

"He's gone Bai. He hates me." I reply.

"He could never hate you Kayc, we know it!" Jules chimes in.

"Then tell me why he has just told me to stay out of his life? He said he doesn't think we should be friends anymore! He says it's because he cares about me, but surely he knows that this is hurting me more! Why did he do this? He was the only one who I could talk to about everything! He was the only person who understood me like no one else! We had a connection: something I have never felt before with anyone! I love him!" I blurt out.

"Wait, he said you can't be friends anymore? Did he tell you why, like what led up to this?" Josh asks.

"I was waiting for him to come out of school earlier, and when he came out, I shouted for him. I tried to get his attention many times, but he blanked me and ran off. At first, I was debating whether to follow him but I did! He went to work, so a few minutes later I walked into the coffee shop. He was so quiet, he wouldn't even look at me. When he went to make my coffee, I noticed he had a patch of blood on the back of his head. I went to get a closer look but he snapped at me! I managed to get him to face me. I... you don't understand... he was covered in cuts and bruises! It was terrifying, I felt sick to my stomach. He had been severely beaten up at school today, and I hate it. Lizzie said she would cover for Sean while we went outside to talk. He told me that Griffin  has created a group chat just to talk about Sean and I. And Sean said he hates the fact that he manages to get me involved in every single bad thing that goes on in his life and he said he cares too much about me to let it continue. He said that he feels it would be best if we stop hanging out and seeing each other because 'I'm too good for him'! So he decided that he would stop being my friend! He said that he's grateful for everything I have done for him, but that it needs to stop because he's hurting me. He has never hurt me! Well, not until now!" I explain. I groan loudly before resting my head on my knees again. I look up at the boys, who are looking at each other.