Chapter 14

(sorry i haven't been updating as frequently as i used to. these chapters are tougher to write than the plot i have planned out because i'm constantly looking for new things to switch up each day, rather than having each chapter like "i went to school" or "we hung out after dance" because that's basically what's happening haha. so that's why they are shorter than the others yk, once i feel that i can start getting onto the proper sort of plot then the chapters will be longer. sorry about this! also, sorry for not updating for a while: i wanted to wait till TWO is over because of how important it is. warning before you read: people getting beaten up again, sorry)

~sean pov~

"Bye Mom!" I shout as I open the front door. She runs up to me and hugs me from behind before kissing me on the cheek. She ruffles my hair as I walk outside. I check the time on my phone as I walk down the drive. I'm early today. Noah said he wanted to meet up before the crowds of students arrive. It's understandable to be honest, both of us prefer avoiding the majority of the school. Noah prefers avoiding Griffin as well as me, I guess that all of the bullying that I experience also effects him. Maybe not in the same way, but he's still my best friend and he sees what I experience. He's probably scared that something like that is going to happen to him, but I don't think Griffin cares enough about Noah to do anything to him. I do wonder why Griffin does this to me, aside of not doing his homework when he asks me to. I mean, he has no reason to be jealous of me: after all he has a lot more money than me, he has girl's chasing after him, he has 'friends'. I'm the opposite! I basically have nothing, I mean I get better grades than him but that only explains the homework situation. Maybe he just hates me for no reason, that's probably why all this is happening. It's no reason to beat someone up every week but I can't stop that. Going to the principal about it would make everything worse, so I just have to deal with it. Although, I do feel sorry for Noah: he has to put up with me getting bullied as well as the fear of it happening to him. I know it's not as bad as getting bullied yourself, but he can't tell anyone about it since I asked him not to. I admit that I shouldn't have put him in that position but I didn't want anyone to know about it and he knows that as well. I can understand why he's concerned, not just for himself either, because I know he cares about me. After all, I am his best friend and we have stuck together through everything. Although, this time he won't be able to help without getting himself in trouble. I guess I will just have to wait it out, until Griffin gets bored of bugging me. I guess I am just tired of always being made fun of and hurt, I know my parents feel the same. 

I turn into the gate, the empty front lawn taunting me as I walk in. I shove open one of the doors and slowly enter the dreaded building. There are a couple groups of students hanging around the stairs and the far end of the corridor. I feel as if they are staring at me, but I know they aren't. My head is pounding: it always does whenever I go to school. I look over to the right and see Noah standing by our lockers. I walk up to him and wave my hand in front of his phone screen to let him know I have arrived. 

"Oh hey Sean." Noah says quietly, still looking at his phone.

"You seem distracted." I state.

"Oh sorry." he replies with a shocked look on his face as if I have caught him doing something he shouldn't. 

"What's going on?" I ask.

"I didn't want to tell you, to be honest I thought you already knew. I kind of wished you would find out yourself." he says sheepishly.

"You're worrying me now. What's going on?" I ask.

"Let's just say that Griffin is spreading rumors about you online. And some of them involve Kaycee." he replies quietly. I beckon for him to show me his phone as he hangs me the device. I start reading through all of these messages. They were from a group chat with half of the class on it. My heart is beating out of my chest as I can feel the anger filling my head. I aggressively hand the phone back to him before turning to the lockers and punching them. Noah jumps as I do so, the rest of the students look up at me.