📃 CHAPTER EIGHT | ONE DANCE

At the sight of the human on the other side of the door, tears glided down my cheeks. Fear had eaten through the bravery I mustered the past few months.

The human was dressed in all black. He wore a face mask and his head was covered by a baseball cap. My eyes scanned the room for a weapon.

“Somebody help.” My thoughts repeated as my heart raced.

My phone rang and I jumped.

I looked at the screen. It was Tae Min.

“Hello? Pree are you okay? I’m at the front of your room right now. I’ve been knocking for a while but…”

Before he could complete his words, I opened the door of my room and watched the human in my sight take off his mask. It was him. It was Kim Tae Min.

With a loud sigh of relief and an instant change in the beats of my racing heart, I threw myself at Tae Min and hugged him. Tears poured out like a waterfall. I had never been that happy to see anyone.

Kim Tae Min and I drove to a simple but exquisite apartment in the middle of Gangnam. The interior décor of the beautiful home was an artistic display of glass, marble, ceramics and terracotta.

I looked around in admiration. The awards, frames and pictures on walls were an indication of my location. 

My heart had its fear eliminated by the arrival of excitement, because at that moment I knew I was the first fan to find herself in the home of Kim Tae Min.

“There are three extra rooms at the left. Just take a right turn when you get to the kitchen. You can pick any. Tomorrow I’ll get your things from Shilla Stay. I’m so sorry about this Pree.” Tae Min said.

“It’s fine.” I replied.

“No it’s not. You were threatened because of me. That bastard Cheo Jeong called me a few minutes after I dropped you off. He told me he’d visit you and by the looks of it, I guess he did. I’m so sorry.”

“It’s alright. I’m fine.” I said with a trembling voice.

“No you’re not. Eun Ji’s asleep right now. How about we do something to take your mind off the fear?” Tae Min said while he took a few steps towards me.

He was so close I could see the outline of my face in his eyes. I tried to take a step back but tripped. He caught me. It was no movie, but my heart did flutter at the feel of his hand on my waist.

A few seconds passed and time stood still. Our eyes were locked and our breaths shuddered loudly.

I coughed and with his help I stood straight again.

Kim Tae Min held my hand and led me to a beautiful study room.

Novels and history books of different sizes and colours aging through time stood on well-polished shelves high enough to require a fifteen feet tall ladder.

“Kim Tae Min. Rapper, model and dancer is lover of books.” I laughed at the thought of it.

No fan would expect such from him. Kim Tae Min’s life was a mystery beyond the stage.

Greens of leaves and non-flowering plants sat on white ceramic vases at different spots in the room. And while three sofas were at the centre, a mahogany table and a leather chair highlighted the study.

Tae Min moved the sofas apart until a huge space was created in the middle of the room. He tapped his phone screen for a while, walked to a stereo and turned it on. A beautiful song echoed in the room.

“Hey! This is ‘If the world was ending’ by Jp Saxe and Julia Michaels. It’s one of the songs on your playlist. I love it.” I answered.

With a smile on his face, Kim Tae Min stretched out his right hand and asked a question I never expected.

Dear KimOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara