Chapter 20- Ican'tbreathe

Nico's POV

I awoke still feeling a hand around my throat, attempting to choke me.

It took me about 2 seconds to figure out that I was, indeed, still choking.

In real life.

The world span and shook, blurring around the edges of my vision. I could barely think straight, and my eyelids were drooping with every second.

I struggled and writhed, clawing at the fingers around my neck to find a figure was caging my body with theirs, closing my trachea and causing my lungs to scream in agony.

With only a moment's examination, I realized that the said figure above me was none other than Bucky Barnes.

I kicked at him, but to no avail. Triggered Bucky seemed to have learned his lesson, because he was holding my neck much, much tighter.

My head was growing light, and I could tell that the oxygen was rapidly depleting. I had to get him off of me, or he would literally kill me.

"Bucky!" I rasped with my remaining air, trying to push him away. "B-Bucky, try to- th-think!"

Bucky only squeezed harder, his eyes glazed over and unreadable.

I need to do it.

No, no, it's not ready.

It's my only choice.

It might not work!

I have to.

Knowing it wasn't completed yet but realizing that I had no other choice, I shot my arm out and managed to squeak out a strangled, "Deploy".

For one horrifying moment, absolutely nothing happened.

Then, a metal sleeve shot out from a couple of inches to my left and latched onto my arm. I wasted no time and punched Bucky's side with it. A shock flowed from the first two knuckles of the sleeve and tased him, giving me enough time to slip out of his grasp. Before he could choke me again, I punched him in the skull, knocking him unconscious.

I gasped for air just before I joined him.