Prolouge

What happened when dally left New York?
Who did he leave behind? Who did he take with?
Abigail and Taylor Winston are the 16 year old twin sisters of Dallas Winston. One got to tag along with him when he journeyed to Tulsa and the other was left for dust. But what will happen when their worlds collide?

ALL RIGHTS GO TO THE QUEEN HERSELF SE HINTON

~~~~

The year was 1961 when the winston siblings were split in two.
Taylor, the shy and artsy one was always a mamas girl. Ever since birth mama favored her. What wasn't to like about her?!
Abigail, oh she is a handful. Always causing troubles. She was kind of a tomboy you could say. Always getting in trouble with her older bother Dallas. They had a tight bond. Taylor always felt excluded.
Sure things were never great at home for them but One day when everything changed, for the worse. The father came home drunk, he didn't even have a clue where in the world he was.
"God damn it Chris. Every day, I'm so tired of your shit" the mother screamed in front of the two little girls, one coloring in her book and the other smearing mud on the other girl. Taylor went to her mother to comfort her, but her mother just shoved her against a glass panel by the balcony. Luckily Dallas walked in at that moment or their would only have been one twin left. Abigail ran and hugged the fragile Taylor. But what Taylor didn't know was that, that would be the first of many beatings. Dallas yelled at his mother and his father slapped him. Dallas ran to his sisters... he picked up one and grabbed the other by the hand. Taylor was by the hand, much more vulnerable. Her mother took her free arm and ripped it away from dally. Digging her nails into her skin. The mother bent down and whispered something in her hear. Blood trickled down Taylor's arm and tears down her face.
"Let go mom" dally screamed reaching for his baby sister. He was only 11 at the time. He was putting Abigail's coat on for her.
"She doesn't deserve to live like this" her shouted.
"Oh and she would be better with you, you no good, scumbag hood, you." Abigail's wails got louder. She never cries.
"Get out" the father came back in the room with a gun pointed at Taylor. "Now. Or she dies. I'm not afraid of my own children." Dally looked at Taylor.
"Please" he begged. He knew he wouldn't win.
"1..." The father started.
"No, you can't do this" dallys voice grew and Abigail buried her face in his jacket.
"2" he cocked the gun.
"I'll be back for her. You better watch it pal" dally warned and left.
The father looked out the window minutes later and saw they were getting on a bus. Since he was completely wasted he couldn't see where, but deep down he knew he would find his son of a bitch and kill him.
"You" he pointed to Taylor. "com'ere" she approached slowly. He wound up and knocked the lights right out of her.
She began to dream, dream about the day she would see her true family again"