Chapter 11: The Hangover

Dr. Xin Baogh watched a test subject be brought into a test chamber by two SRF Guards. The test subject was a 34 year-old-man who looked dazed from the weeks without food. Once the two guards left the chamber, Baogh switched on the PA system and spoke, "Hello, Subject-43. I want you to stand still and not speak. Clear?" 

The subject didn't speak, he just stared at the one-way mirror. Dr. Baogh pushed the red button on the console in front of him. There was a hissing sound that came from the sprinkler system above the subject and gas began to flow from the sprinkler. 

The subject had finally been awoken from his trance. He began banging and pounding on the window, begging for his life in Spanish. The gas had contacted against his skin and immediately burned the flesh from his muscle. He screamed in agony as the VX gas burned through his prisoner jumpsuit. The subject fell to the ground and started convulsing. 

The trashing eventually stopped and the subject's eyes became still. Baogh sighed as another test has failed. His scientists began murmuring the background what could have been done differently. 

Everyone in the room suddenly jumped when there was a loud bang against the window. The subject had risen and was wildly staring through the window. His eyes were bloodshot and he was hunched over. His skin had become a gray-ish tone and he freakishly twitched from the VX gas's effects. 

Baogh immediately started crying tears of joy, as he had finally done it. He had infused Rabies with VX gas; making his own zombie-like infection. Well, the subject never had died, just madded by rabies infection. The peeling skin from the VX gas helped spread the infection easier with just skin contact. The best part: the VX gas was American in origin, meaning the blame from the infection could be condemned to the United States. 

"Tell General Romavich that his gas is ready," Baogh told a guard that was posted in the observation room. "It's going to be Biblical."

***

It was around 6:20 AM when Archer woke in his dorm room with a head-splitting headache. He spotted an empty bottle of bourbon and another one that had one swig left inside, that explains it, Archer thought. While cursing himself for drinking himself to sleep, he finished off the bottle and set it back on the nightstand. There was a sticky note on his lamp, from the sober version of Archer, told him to speak with Harry at 6:30. It didn't say what for, so Archer was in for a neat surprise.

After doing all of his morning routines, he decided to leave his Grandpa's M1911 and take his Glock 26 instead. On his way out of his dorm, Mike and the other Brits were leaving for their ruck. "Hey, Archer! Are you coming?" Mark shouted from the other side of the hall.

"Not today, Mark." Archer rubbed his forehead, trying to recover from Mark's shout. Mark nodded and left through the side door with the other ex-SAS operators. "Have a good run, boys!" Archer shouted through the half-closed door as they waved back.

While walking down the hallway to the elevator, Archer spotted a military-aged male, maybe thirty, that was glancing at a piece of paper and around him like he was lost. The guy approached Archer while looking at his piece of paper. "Excuse me. Do you know where Harry's office is?"

Archer took a pack of cigarettes out of his shirt pocket and lit one, "Smoke?" The man took one of the cigarettes. "Just follow me. That's where I'm headin'."

On the walk there, the guy introduced himself as Thomas Jomar. He was a part of the Israeli Defense Force's Sayeret Matkal, Israel's equivalent of Delta Force. He was offered a position on Rainbow, presumably the poor bastard that died in the Ukraine fiasco. He also knew Mike Baker from when the SAS would train with them, so connections must have also earned him the machine gunner position on Mike's Alpha Team.