Lucifer-Pact pt.2

Start from the beginning

As I approached RAD, I put those thoughts out of my mind.  It would be better to think about that stuff later, after class.  I hid in the library before class since I was early, then once class was just about to start I ran to the room, making it just in time and earning some odd looks from Levi, who I shared the class with.  I didn't stop to talk to him, however, running out the minute the bell rang indicating class was over.  

Every class I had went a similar way, and I spent my lunch break in the darkest, dustiest corner of the library, hoping not to run into Lucifer.  After running away earlier, I was sure he would come looking for me.  Something told me I'd tripped his predatory instincts when I ran from him, and if I didn't want to become his prey, I needed to stay away.  Which, until the end of the day, I did very well.

I walked back home feeling a load off my back, though I knew there was the looming issue of where to hide at the house.  He could show up anywhere.  Maybe if I hung out with Levi he wouldn't have the ability to drag me away?  It was worth a shot.  Once I walked back into the house, I immediately felt odd.  It was awfully quiet for early afternoon.  Normally the brothers would be goofing off.  I walked up the stairs and down the hall, only stopping when I heard whimpering at the second staircase in the back of the house.  Looking around, I realized Mammon was tied up and hanging from the railing above me.

"What did you do now Mammon?"  I wished it came as a surprise, but Mammon screwed up enough that this was a fairly common sight.  Lucifer took his punishments rather seriously when it came to the second oldest.

Mammon looked at me with wide eyes.  "I didn't do anything Y/n!  Lucifer is on a rampage today.  The second I walked in the door he dragged me away and began lecturing me on stuff he'd already punished me for.  When I asked him why he was bringing it all up again, he tied me up and left me here."

Confusion swirled in my mind.  Lucifer was almost always just in his actions.  He took things a little too far sometimes, but he wouldn't punish someone for no reason.  Mammon could be lying, but based on the look on his face, I didn't think that was it.  And Lucifer would never walk away without telling Mammon what he did in great detail.  Was he mad at Mammon about something?

A sudden tingling at the back of my neck made me look around.  Shock zapped me as I saw Lucifer standing down the hall, staring at me with an indecipherable expression.  I swore to myself in anger.  I should have known better than to stand in the open hallway with nobody to run interference between us.

"Y/n, we need to talk.  Now.  Come to my room immediately."

I simply nodded, feeling nervousness settle in my chest.  I looked at Mammon, who's face was twisted in confusion and worry.  

"Oh no.  Now he's after you.  Good luck Y/n."  He mumbled glumly, watching as I began walking toward the intimidating figure down the hall.

"What was that Mammon?"  Lucifer asked, voice silky smooth.  I shivered, knowing he was furious and just looking for a reason.

Mammon didn't respond and Lucifer apparently decided to let it go, keeping his eyes trained on me as I walked past him.  He stepped in time closely behind me, not allowing any distance between us as he herded me to his room.  He must have had enough of me avoiding him since he wasn't giving me even a single inch to escape.  Once we reached his door, I looked at him again.  His eyes were still trained on me, expression unreadable.  I finally reached out and opened his door, stepping through the threshold of the last place I wanted to be right now.

He walked in behind me then surprised me by slamming the door shut.  I jumped, turning to see the mask melt off his face and his expression settle into a sort of predatory anger.  He remained still, just watching me.  I felt his eyes trace over every inch of my body and shuddered under the heat of his gaze.