Beelzebub-Avoidance

I stormed down the hall, glaring at every offending thing in my path.  Levi's door opened as I walked past and it looked like he was going to come out, but the second his eyes caught mine he paled, turned around, and shut his door again.  I was pretty sure I was radiating pure anger right now and I didn't blame Levi for not wanting to face it.  It wasn't directed at him anyway; it was all because of Beel.

Beel was the sweetest, sometimes slightly clueless, demon I had ever met.  I loved Beel with all my heart and I would normally never feel angry at him, but he was being weird and avoiding me!  Every time I tried to ask him about it, he ran from me.  I was extremely irked.  I didn't even know what I did.  If he had just told me, I would have been happy to make it right with him.  But he wouldn't hang around long enough for me to get a word out.

It started two days ago, on a Friday night.  Belphie, Beel, Levi, and I were playing Levi's new video game.  It was pretty basic, and though Levi was slightly disappointed by how boringly "average and unsatisfying" it was (his words), Beel, Belphie, and I were having a lot of fun. 

We played until late into the night and we all ended up sleeping in Levi's room.  Belphie was out first, of course, then Levi, once he'd decided he didn't care to watch Beel and I fight each other in the game anymore.  Once Levi had fallen asleep, Beel and I decided we were going to watch a couple of episodes of a show we were interested in.  Levi only had one blanket left, so I moved in close to Beel and ended up passing out on his shoulder.  The next morning, I woke up alone.  Belphie was still asleep and Levi was reading some manga.  Beel was nowhere to be seen, and ever since then, I hadn't seen him for more than a second in passing.

Just now, I had been in the twins' room asking Belphie why Beel was acting weird toward me.  Belphie looked just as worried as I felt.

"I don't know.  Beel always tells me everything, but he's been so weird.  Even though he's not avoiding me like he's avoiding you, he won't talk to me about it.  And any time I bring up your name, he blushes and changes the subject.  I'm really starting to feel concerned."  Belphie sighed heavily.

Before I could respond, Beel opened the door.  He walked in fully before looking up and seeing me sitting on his bed.  His eyes widened, he froze mid-step, and his whole face flushed, right up to the tips of his ears.  He immediately turned around and ran out of the room.

"Belphie, I'm going after him.  Where do you think he'd go?"  I asked, sure I couldn't keep up with Beel's wide stride.

"I'm pretty sure he said he was going to the gym to work out today.  I don't know if he'll go there, but it's a good guess."  Belphie said, eyebrows drawn together.

"Thanks."

I ran out of the room and that's how I found myself currently glaring at everything in my path on my way to Beel's private gym.  Nobody ever disturbed him in there.  If they did, Beel would usually either make them work out with him or he'd lift them with his weights to improve his workout.  Plus there was only one exit, so it was the perfect place to corner him. 

Once I was finally down in the basement, I walked into Beel's gym cautiously, hoping to catch him unaware if he was in there.  I slowly walked in and immediately saw Beel sitting on the weight bench with his head in his hands.  He sighed heavily then muttered something to himself that I couldn't catch.  I found myself watching him for a moment, wondering what I could have done to make him so upset. 

Even though I was irritated with him, I would do anything to make up with him.  Beel was one of my best friends and my heart couldn't take the thought of him being even a little unhappy.  At some point, I'd even come to realize I had romantic feelings for him.  He was so sweet and he had this way of making problems uncomplicated.  Being with him felt calming, like watching the stars on a clear, warm summer night.  Whenever he wasn't around, I found myself thinking about him.  But if I couldn't have him like that, I was okay as long as he was around, even as a friend.  I just needed to fix whatever was coming between us now.