Chap.7

As Iay there with her curled into my side my mind starts to fill with all these questions.

Is this really their charlie?

Where is Emilia?

What happened to her?

Why did I find her on the side of the street?

As these thoughts continued to go through my mind I saw a necklace around her neck. Moving her hair to read it better I see it is a little heart with three names on it the names read Charlie, Emilia and Mama.

At the same time as I finish reading the names I hear a knock on the door. Carefully getting up as to not wake Charlie up I make my way to the door. When I open it though it is not who I thought it would be.

Instead of it being Colton it was Mr. Roberts the local police officer and with him was my little brother Rowan who mind you is five so what the hell could he have done to get the police on him?

"Hey Mr. Roberts what happened?" I asked seeing Rowan standing there staring at his shoe's

"Oh nothing bad just found this little man at the park by himself" he said with a small smile. Turning to Rowan I start to speak.

"And what were you doing at the park? At" I pause for a second to read my watch "Four in the morning because the last time I checked you were sleeping peacefully in your bed bub's" I said with a fake serious face. To be honest this was not the first time he kinda has the tendency to sneak out an odd hour to go to the park but not like I don't know. I mean I have my men watching his every move.

"But Daddy I was not tired and I wanted to play" he said looking up at me with his big doe eyes

"Bub's look at me" I said crouching down so I was at his height "I know you want to play and that you may not be tired but one you can't just sneak out when ever you want and two you have school in about three or so hours" i said trying to keep eye contact with him. I am not going to lie Rowan is such a good, sweet and intelligent kid but sometimes I wonder if I am raising him right. I mean I am only 18 I don't really know how to raise a kid. And he may be my little brother but as far as he is concerned I am his father even though I have told him I am not his father he still calls me his daddy. Maybe I am doing something right then I mean he sees me as his father and not some person who is doing a crap job trying to raise him. All the sudden I was ripped out of my thoughts by a small sniffle.

"I'm sorry daddy, I won't do it again" he says as tears start to stream down his face

"Hey bubs look at me don't cry I'm not mad at you I promise I could never be mad at you you are my little man my partner in crime" I said as I pulled him into a hug and lifted him up into my arms.

"Well seeing as everything is okay now I am going to get going, but remember to keep a good eye on him he is lucky I saw him and brought him home who knows what could have happened otherwise" Mr. Roberts said as he walked away.

"Thanks again Mr. Roberts" I said as I closed the door.

When I went to talk to Rowan again I heard a soft snore coming from my shoulder. Looking at him all I can see was his cute sleeping face. So as carefully as I could I carried him to his room and placed him in his bed. And as I watched his snuggle into his blankets I wondered what I would do without him.

_________________________________________________________________________

I know this chapter is one kinda short and two not what you most likely thought it would be but I still have a bit of writers block and I kinda needed a way to add Rowan into the story so um here you go and once again sorry this took me so long to upload.

- the procrastinating author