chap.6

Ok for starters I am very sorry it took me this long to get the next chapter up. Not going to lie I just lost track of time on top of procrastinating. And trust me it is not just writing my books I do this with. last night I handed in a English project that was assigned over a month ago with like two minutes to spare. well besides my being sorry I hope you enjoy the chapter it is not the best in my opinion but it is not too bad.

- the Procrastinating Author 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Charlie's pov.

When he asked to see my ribs I froze. I could not let him see all my scars or the words that my uncle carved into my skin. I know I should maybe he could help me but what happens if he thinks they are disgusting or I am and no longer wants to help me. I know so far all he has done is help me but I can't not now and probably not ever.

After he left the room I laid there and stared at the ceiling until sleep finally overtook me.

-Dream/Flashback -

"Mama" I heard my big sister call

"Yes baby" my mother said walking into the room

"Me and Lee want ice cream mama, right Lee Lee?" Emilia said, bouncing up and down. All I did was nod my head with a big smile on my face.

"Well I am sorry to say we can't get ice cream today but how about over the weekend" mama said as she picked Emilia up and placed her on her hip

"Ok Mama, can we watch a movie then?" Emilia said her smile never faltering

"Sure what movie do my little cubs want to watch?" she asked a small tired smile on her face.

"ca-can we w-watch N-Nemo Mama" I asked my voice just above a whisper

"Of course we can" Mama said as she turned on Nemo.

-End of dream-

I sat up tears streaming down my face. That was the last memory I have of my mother and sister. Who knew that that weekend they would die. I know I didn't.

Coltons Pov.

I hung up the phone and turned around to face my brothers and father who were standing there confused.

"Colton, what wrong?" Xander asked his eyes trying to search mine for an answer.

"Her name is Charlie" I said my voice barely above a whisper

"What do you mean Colton? Who is and is she" Levi said drifting off at the end of his sentence.

"Ace thinks so he said she looks like a girl version of Gray, and she is the girl I told you about from the ring" I said my voice filled with sadness if that really is who I think it is what happened to her.

"What about Emilia, if this is our Charlie then where is Emilia" Levi spoke

"I don't know we would have to ask Charlie, you guys don't understand though" I said my voice still full of sadness

"What do you mean Colton?" this time it was my father who spoke

"Charlie is covered in head to toe in scars, cuts, bruises and she doesn't talk and you can tell she doesn't like to be around people. She may be very strong but you can still feel the fear radiate off her when someone gets too close to her." I said think back to when I have seen her before.

"Well I guess we will have to figure out if this is really her as for now no one tell Gray no need to get his hopes up ok" my father said as he left the room.

"Got it I was just about to go over and see her. I will try to get some info out of her if I can'' I said as he was walking down the hallway he gave me a thumbs up in response. Well I guess it is time to go to Ace's house now.

Charlies Pov.

As I was wiping the tears off my face I heard the door open. When I looked up I saw Ace standing there.

"Hey how you feeling" he asked as he sat down at the foot of the bed

"I'm fine nothing I am not used to" I signed with a shrug

"You should not have to be used to it though" he said with a sad smile.

I don't know why but for some reason I really trust Ace. I mean I trust Colton too but this is a different type of trust like I could get close to him and not mind it. With Colton I still feel as if I need to hide behind my hood and sign instead of talk. But with Ace I feel as if I could talk to him without worry like he would understand what I have been through and not see me as different. I don't know but all I do know is that I think I might like him and it is strange I have never felt like this towards someone before.

All the sudden Ace spoke breaking me out of my thoughts "Colton is going to come check up on you. He should be here in like an hour, so you should rest till he gets here. I will be in the living room if you need me" he then turned around and started to walk away.

"Um c-can y-you s-st-stay pl-please" I said grabbing his sleeve. He looked at me unsure for a second then I spoke again "I-I d-d-don't like t-the d-d-dark" I said my voice was nothing more than a whisper. I hope telling him this will not be a mistake. I hope that if I open up to him he will not turn around and use it against me. but to my surprise he answered me.

He looked at me for another second "sure" he said. I moved over a bit and made room for him on the bed. When he was finally under the covers I curled as best as I could due to my ribs up against his side.

"Th-thank you" I said before I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.