Their youth part 10

It was the summer. Lisa who was already certain that she would be going to the same university as Jungkook was practically brimming with joy and happiness every passing day. If one were to use Ms. Lisa’s mouth to describe it, she was smiling everyday like a female brothel keeper who successfully recruited a good woman into joining her brothel.

The day after receiving the acceptance letter, Lisa asked Jungkook to go out to get some cold drinks — the excuse she used in order to ask him how to buy the ticket going to their university. Jungkook then answered on the phone, “Buy at the train station.” But he still went out together with her, Lisa surmised that he probably loved cold drinks.

“What are you drinking? I want to drink peach slush, but I also want to get watermelon juice.” Lisa’s finger was gliding across the menu, unable to make a decision, “The banana milkshake seems really good too.”

“Iced water.” Jungkook took a quick peek at Lisa’s undecided expression and impatiently added, “And watermelon juice.”

Lisa was all smiles trying to get the boss’ attention, “We’ll have iced water, watermelon juice, and peach slush.

When the drinks were served on the table, Jungkook only drank the iced water because after having taken a sip of the watermelon juice, he pushed it in front of Lisa saying, “Too sweet.”

Lisa very happily accepted the glass of watermelon juice, sipped a big mouthful of it, and afterwards, closed her eyes, sighing in satisfaction, “Indeed, watermelon juice taste better.”

“They’re all made from mixing powder and water, with different flavours of sweeteners, that’s all.” Jungkook said.

Lisa very carefully glanced at the boss who was sitting by the counter, fortunately, he didn’t hear it. At times, she would think that if one day Jungkook would get beaten up to death by some random person, she wouldn’t be surprised at all…….

After she was done drinking those two glasses of “sweeteners”, Lisa felt very satisfied. Probably, it’s because she could smell the watermelon and peach on her breath when she talks, making her feel very happy. It could also be because of the boy standing beside her, where she’s able to anticipate the future that has him in it, so she feels very happy.

“Why did you ask me to go out in such hot, humid weather?” When they came out of the cold drinks shop, Jungkook outstretched a hand in front of Lisa to block the sun. Feeling that it wasn’t quite right, he quickly withdrew his hand, while Lisa whose head was bowed down, couldn’t find the thing that she was searching for inside her bag.

“It’s good to bask in the sun, I heard that it can provide you with calcium.” Lisa fished out a pen from her bag. “I suddenly remembered that you didn’t write on my yearbook, so the very least, you ought to sign your name on my schoolbag, I’m going to keep it as a remembrance. I’m going to buy a pretty shoulder bag anyway, the kind that’s very ladylike.”

“That makes no sense.” Jungkook did not accept her pen, he took a step, and started walking, “I’m going home.”

“Hey, don’t be so petty” Lisa was trotting behind to keep up with him. “Why are you going home, there are no TV series to watch, it’s so boring.”

In fact, Lisa was guilty by her own remarks, there’s plenty of TV series to watch, and even if there’s no good show on, idling one’s time and pressing the remote control to switch channels is also one of life’s greatest joys. It’s just that this kind of joy is obviously lesser than the joy of being with Jungkook.

Although Jungkook said he was going home, but he was actually heading towards the X bookstore.

They’ve finally arrived at X bookstore. Lisa remembered that she had once hidden herself behind a bookshelf, peeping as Jungkook was talking with a kid who was buying coloured pencils. The kid also drew an animal that could pass off as either a dog or a cat on Jungkook’s book. Thinking it looked funny, she remembered how he couldn’t stop himself from laughing afterwards.